z

Young Writers Society

YWS 3.0 Bugs

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:08 pm
Nate says...

There are probably some files missing with the blogs since I installed that kind of weirdly.

However, writingluver5, that's weird. First try changing the layout under "Edit/create blog" in the board navigation menu on the index pages.

Regarding the chat, though, that will happen if they are a lot of people on. The chatroom is a very cheap piece of software and I run it off of the server YWS is hosted on. The first means it's buggy, the second is the reason why it can be slow at times. I still think it's a vast improvement over the old one though.

Random avatar

Reviews: 109
Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:28 pm
Teeeeo. says...

I've been having Blog Problems...

For some reason, none of the layouts are customizable but Infinity... And even that one doesn't change when you input the Hex Colours and stuffis...

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:32 am
Snoink says...

Er... this is a strange one.

I can get to the moderators' policy debate forum. Not to the actual moderators' forum... that doesn't exist for me. But still.

I'm not quite sure I can post in it or what though. I can try, I suppose.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

425 Reviews

Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:46 am
Nate says...

That actually does make sense given the way the subforums are set up code wise. Thanks for the heads up on it, Snoink.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:39 am
Ares says...

Idunno if this has been mentioned yet but I went into my Blog CP to tweak some stuff and I screwed it up. Funny thing is though, when I went back in to change it, none of he customizing options were there. All I can use are the pre-made templates, and at th bottom, it says 'This template not customizable' and whatnot. But it says that for every template.

Thanks,
MH

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:45 pm
Cassandra says...

I'm not sure if this is a bug or it's always been this way, but when I edited a post in the word play section, it cost me five points again, even though I had already used five points to post the message in the first place. :?

Random avatar

Reviews: 109
Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:39 am
Teeeeo. says...

Yeah, editing was like that in the last YWS phase...

425 Reviews

Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:32 am
Nate says...

Yep, editing your post will cost ya. It's not meant to happen, but I can't figure out how to make it not happen.

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:07 pm
Swires says...

Right, I have a few things:

1) It would be nice to be able toa access a members portfolio from the member view page and not kjust from one of their posts.

2) What happened to Squills?
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

425 Reviews

Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:49 pm
Nate says...

Adam101 wrote:Right, I have a few things:

1) It would be nice to be able toa access a members portfolio from the member view page and not kjust from one of their posts.

2) What happened to Squills?

The portfolio link will be done soon. Squills is coming back but I'm reworking it such that it is seamless with the rest of the site.

614 Reviews

Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:53 am
Swires says...

Unable to upload file

DEBUG MODE

Line : 255
File : usercp_avatar.php

I get that when trying to upload an avatar from URL

425 Reviews

Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:55 am
Nate says...

Not sure why that happened, but try saving the image first to your computer then upload it from your computer.

614 Reviews

Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:10 pm
Swires says...

I think it must be because it was the wrong dimensions and instead of telling me it just doesnt parse the PHP correctly. Its probably a semi-colon missing in the PHP code.

EDIT:

It would be nice to see who is in each group ie. Mentors so we know whose who. So a closed group instead oa hidden group.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:31 am
Sam says...

I got this error message:

'Template->make_filename(): Error - template file not found: ../../weblogs/templates/simpleGray/weblog_confirm_body.htm'

when trying to delete a blog post.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

425 Reviews

Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:02 pm
Nate says...

Phorcys wrote:I think it must be because it was the wrong dimensions and instead of telling me it just doesnt parse the PHP correctly. Its probably a semi-colon missing in the PHP code.

EDIT:

It would be nice to see who is in each group ie. Mentors so we know whose who. So a closed group instead oa hidden group.

Adam, believe me when I say it's not an error in the code. I've tested out the image uploading myself with no problems. It's more likely that it's just a PHP bug on the server.

Sam->> Yep, that's something I really got to get around to fixing. Was going to do a lot of stuff last night, but ended up crashing early.

The continuation of our world depends more on the survival of the kindest than it does on the survival of the fittest.
— Arcticus