z

Young Writers Society

Important Changes! Pay to Post! [Must Read]

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:58 am
Day says...

If your going to add a point cost to create storybooks maybe you could take it a step further by making people have to pay to join them. I think that if people had to pay to join one then they might be more inclined to participate in it.

Just a thought but awesome job, and I support.
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:02 am
Razcoon says...

I guess I'll be reviewing a LOT more now.
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:07 am
Bloo says...

Day wrote:If your going to add a point cost to create storybooks maybe you could take it a step further by making people have to pay to join them. I think that if people had to pay to join one then they might be more inclined to participate in it.

I agree to this. You pay, say, 100 points to make the first post in a thread. With that I would have to review...and I do want to review. I swear.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

261 Reviews

Reviews: 261
Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:29 pm
Mr.Knightley says...

All sounds good to me. But then again, when has it ever sounded bad? ;)

*goes to see the checklist thingy*
"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same."

Lady Gaga

197 Reviews

Reviews: 197
Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:33 pm
Jetpack says...

Day wrote:If your going to add a point cost to create storybooks maybe you could take it a step further by making people have to pay to join them. I think that if people had to pay to join one then they might be more inclined to participate in it.

This sounds good. Why was the pay to post system taken off in the first place, by the way?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Rosendorn says...

Jetpack wrote: Why was the pay to post system taken off in the first place, by the way?

Coding, I believe. But, at least it's back now!

And, Snoink- Thank you for clearing that up. xD I was getting confused with that, lol
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:01 pm
Dynamo says...

The review checklist is great and all, but now we can't use emoticons in certain topics. I think there should be a button that allows us to switch between the emoticon menu and the review checklist.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:13 pm
Nate says...

Dynamo wrote:The review checklist is great and all, but now we can't use emoticons in certain topics. I think there should be a button that allows us to switch between the emoticon menu and the review checklist.

You can still use them.

1272 Reviews

Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:27 pm
Rosendorn says...

Nate wrote:
Dynamo wrote:The review checklist is great and all, but now we can't use emoticons in certain topics. I think there should be a button that allows us to switch between the emoticon menu and the review checklist.

You can still use them.

I think what Dynamo means is you don't have the list at the side. But, if you just remember how to write them out it's fine.

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:30 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

Yayz all around! Actually I really missed the Review Ratio and actually having to earn our points for something (besides Gifts, which are, in fact, awesome).
I am reminded of the babe by you.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:23 pm
Dynamo says...

I suppose you have a point, but the only one I know off by heart is this one: :lol: I was just thinking that a button that allows us to switch between the two menus would make it easier for those of us who don't know the codes for most of them. Just a suggestion.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

1272 Reviews

Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:38 pm
Rosendorn says...

Dynamo wrote:I suppose you have a point, but the only one I know off by heart is this one: :lol: I was just thinking that a button that allows us to switch between the two menus would make it easier for those of us who don't know the codes for most of them. Just a suggestion.

Here are the codes for the common ones:

Code: Select all
:D . :P . :( . :shock: . ;) . 8) . :? . :)

Translates to: :D . :P . :( . :shock: . ;) . 8) . :? . :) (Just put the periods between them so the codes ones were easier to see.)

So they're not all that hard to memorize.

Also, if you go on another post and just click "View more smilies" you'll get the whole list in a separate window that can move around with you.

I do agree it's a bit of an inconvenience/off-putting to not see the smilies there, but, the list is a pretty good back-up.

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:57 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

Hah, I was trying to figure out why the review window looked different...
I am reminded of the babe by you.

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:46 am
Evi says...

Nifty. I've always liked the points system. NOW YOU ALL SHALL PAY-- LITERALLY. But, yeah. Cool stuff.
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:27 am
Sins says...

I just realised that this is actually really good for contests because when points are used as prizes, people will actually want to win them. :lol:
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

I don't do time.
— Liberty