z

Young Writers Society

Two possible minor changes to the header?

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:48 pm
Kamas says...

Mm, I agree, I like it below the header.
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

547 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 547
Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:55 pm
captain.classy says...

I don't really like the order. Maybe it's just because I'm reluctant to change, but I think the read/write should be at the front. It is a writing sight, and it being at the end just doesn't make it seem as important as the blogs. Maybe it's just me.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:56 pm
Elinor says...

I actually like the new order. It's cool that YWS news has its own category.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:01 pm
Nate says...

captain.classy wrote:I don't really like the order. Maybe it's just because I'm reluctant to change, but I think the read/write should be at the front. It is a writing sight, and it being at the end just doesn't make it seem as important as the blogs. Maybe it's just me.

Heh, couldn't help myself.

547 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 547

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:08 pm
OverEasy says...

I am sulking right now because I keep clicking the wrong thing, but once I get used to it I'm sure it'll be fine xD
Life is for living.

261 Reviews

Reviews: 261
Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:14 pm
Mr.Knightley says...

Ooh, smexy! Mr.Knightley likes. I love the news section!

Also, I like the idea of the header above, versus below, now. :P
"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same."

Lady Gaga

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:50 pm
ScarlettFire says...

I don't like the new order. I'm going to be clicking things I don't want to click for a while now, just like Lauren and Ranger... o.O The way it was before was fine for me... And I think that it fits best beneath the header. Still, I'm just someone who doesn't like change very much... I'm going to be sooo confused when I come back on later.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:44 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Just as I predicted, I've already been confused when I didn't see Blogs where they usually were. xD But, given a few minutes, I've adjusted just fine.

I'd say keep it as it is. Read/Write does seem in a more noticeably place (even though it is toward the end). I don't know, it just seems to stick out more where it is now than where it used to be.
Got YWS?

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:29 pm
Nutty says...

I actually lost read/write for a while. Scary stuff.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:43 am
PenguinAttack says...

I love it. I noticed it immediately and laughed at myself when I got reviews instead of blogs. But, I think About is in an excellent place in particular, it focuses better for new members. Resources fits well at the end. My YWS is now centre of my page and I can pick it out quickly. I really like the changes.

I do remember when the bar used to be above the header in the old YWS. It worked, I wouldn't mind seeing it there again if it works better in practical terms although I agree that this way creates a nice barrier.

*Hearts* Le Penguin.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:06 am
JabberHut says...

The new order threw me off too, and I'm still amused at how I don't just read before I click a link.

Below or above the header doesn't really matter to me. As long as I have my buttons, I'm okay with what you do. The buttons' black color may blend in with the ads though, so they would be harder to spot for new members. Maybe. (I've had a long day, so I could be uttering nonsense here.)

But like you said, they're minor changes, and they wouldn't really affect me; so more power to you!
I make my own policies.

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:46 am
Galerius says...

Yes, I suppose that "Read/Write" isn't important enough to deserve a spot in a noticeable place.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:52 am
Nate says...

Galerius wrote:Yes, I suppose that "Read/Write" isn't important enough to deserve a spot in a noticeable place.

Of course not Galerius, which is why it's been moved to the bottom right hand corner of the site rather than smack dab in the center of the screen.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:10 am
Jiggity says...

I didn't really care, to be honest, though I noticed right away the difference. The one thing I don't like though and I'm getting this with the site as a whole more and more, is the clutter. It feels like there are too many subject headings and drop-down menus...I liked it when it was simpler. Can we merge some?

Like putting My YWS as a menu option in Community, or Groups/Blogs as menu options in My YWS or Community even. Something?
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

“Christmas won’t be Christmas without any presents!”
— Little Women