z

Young Writers Society

Two possible minor changes to the header?

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:32 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

Ha, the new order threw me for a loop for a second there. Turns out that I usually didn't even read a tab before I clicked on it. It was just there. It'll take a little bit of getting used to, but I can't say I've found anything wrong/annoying with it yet.

Just a question: Why do we have a "News" tab, but under "Read/Write" there's a "[b]News[/i] and Nonfiction" option? Isn't that a little redundant? *is still getting used to having News at all on YWS*

~GryphonFledgling
I am reminded of the babe by you.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:07 am
Kale says...

I like the alphabetical order. It makes things easier for me to find. :D

As far as the position of the header, rather than move it, why not change it so that the drop-down menus drop up instead? The menu bar does a lovely job of visually separating the header from the rest of the site, and the menus aren't so long that they'd go beyond the bounds of the header image. And as far as clutter in the menus goes, I would personally love it if more of the site's options (such as a link to Lit. Comments given/received) were available from the menu, so maybe introducing submenus that appear when a user hovers over the menu option would be nice. I'm assuming that you're using Javascript for the menu, so you should be able to find a nice, pre-made menu template for the job (let it never be said I don't take your coding considerations in mind ;P).
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:15 am
Lauren2010 says...

Just noticed Read/Write in bold. I'm relatively sure this is new (or else I am very, very bad at noticing details). I like it, helps make the Read/Write stand out even more.
Got YWS?

547 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 547
Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:06 am
captain.classy says...

Bold! yes!

*triple thumbs up*

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:19 am
Nate says...

Heh, y'all are funny.

Kyllorac: That's a really interesting idea. Unfortunately, I don't think it would go over well since people aren't accustomed to drop-up menus, but I like the simplicity of it.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:17 pm
LookUpThere says...

Hm... I could adjust. But if the masses disagree, we could use reverse Alphabetical order. But I'm happy either way :D

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:37 pm
Nate says...

TheNewHero wrote:Hm... I could adjust. But if the masses disagree, we could use reverse Alphabetical order. But I'm happy either way :D

Only on Tuesdays and Thursdays though. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays will be alphabetical order, and on weekends the links will be arranged in a purely random fashion. And once a month, we'll have Mystery Monday where the links take you to some place other than where you thought they were going to take you (like say, Read / Write actually takes you to the Blogs).

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:15 am
Mo. says...

hee hee. xD

I like the alphabetical order, me being the semi-noob that I am reads the link before I click on it anyway. I like it, it gives the site a little more order. xD
Mo. was here. :) mwahahaha

WHAT'S UP, POTATOES?
— Rudy (Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality)