z

Young Writers Society

PMing me

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:20 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

I was around this weekend, but I spent most of my YWS time with getting a cool new YWS thing done (it's basically working in Firefox, but no other browser yet). As a result, I couldn't respond to any PMs sent to me. And since I received over 20 PMs, it might take me a couple days...

To help you all out with getting faster responses, here are some tips:
1. Some of the PMs I get could really be answered by anyone. In that case, if you send to someone in green, you're more likely to get a response within hours rather than days. And if you check the "Who's Online" list to see which green people are currently online, you might even get a response within minutes.

2. However, there are a few things that only I can do. One is group applications. Another are user promotions. People in dark green (mods) used to be able to handle these, but that requires a lot of special programming that I haven't set up since switching to the new YWS. Until I do that, I'm the only one who can handle it.

3. Keep your message as short and concise as possible. I'm in law school right now, which means I already read around 100 pages every day. If you can cut your message short, it'll be a like of breath of fresh air for me and help me to respond to you faster.

4. Use good grammar. No one expects you to use perfect grammar around YWS, and I don't expect it when you PM me. However, if you use clear and mostly correct grammar when PMing me, it'll help me to understand your message better.

5. Don't expect a quick response from me. It's just not something I'm able to do. Also, complaining about it in the chatroom is probably the surest way to me taking my sweet time to respond ;)

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:24 pm
View Likes
OverEasy says...

*salutes* no problem.
Life is for living.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:55 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

And just so you know! I'm in green and I'm on YWS way too much as it is, so feel free to PM me. ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

The first thing I do when I have a good quote is always to put a goat in it. uwu
— Liminality