z

Young Writers Society

YWS E-cards?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:00 am
Nate says...

Having an e-card system on YWS is an idea I've flirted with every now and then. But only tonight have I actually gone ahead and made a few!

I'd appreciate comments (link is at the bottom) for a couple reasons. One, I want to know if people like the ecards I've already made. Two, I need to know if anyone would consider sending the ones already available.

However, please note that thus far, this is extremely incomplete. The layout is by no means final, and you can't actually send anything right now.

YWS Ecards Alpha Demo

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:25 am
Snoink says...

One quick comment! It's Seuss, not Suess. There's a typo on those cards.

I like the e-cards... they're very pretty! But I don't usually use e-cards anyway, so I probably wouldn't use them that much, if at all.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:41 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

I don't think I would use them, but I really like the pictures, and especially the Winnie the Pooh quotes. I think they might be nice to send to other members for birthdays etc, but I'm not sure if I would personally.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:04 pm
Rydia says...

I love the literary quotes and they're very pretty! I think there would be a group of members who'd use them but I wouldn't personally except myabe once in a blue moon. I'm not an e-card sort of person.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:04 pm
OxfordandOnyx says...

Like everyone else said, they're very pretty and I do love the quotes! However, I don't think I would use them an awful lot.
Four kinds of people I hate most in life.
1. People who use a preposition to end a sentence with.
2. People who can't count.
3. People who think it's 'clever' to quote ironic phrases.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:10 pm
Lauren2010 says...

I'm going to also agree and say that I wouldn't send them very often. Perhaps on special occasions, or maybe to thank for a review? Never very often though.
Got YWS?

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:23 pm
peanut19 says...

Yeah, I think it's a wonderful idea but I'm not so sure I'd be able to find a reason to use them.....
~peanut~
There is a light in you, a Vision in the making with sorrow enough to extinguish the stars. I can help you.
~And The Light Fades

The people down here are our zombies, who should be dead or not exist but do.
~Away From What We Started

P.S Got YWS?

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:25 pm
Kamas says...

I'd spam people with cards! =D
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

425 Reviews

Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:15 pm
Nate says...

haha Kamas.

Thanks everyone for the comments. Its something I may work on from time to time but probably wont implement since it seems so few would use it.

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:19 pm
AquaMarine says...

Yeah. I mean, they would be great for birthdays, but I don't know when I'd send them otherwise. Unless, like Kammie, I just went crazy. :twisted:
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

425 Reviews

Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:20 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

I should've mentioned this in my other post, but I was typing that on my phone and the screen is so tiny!

Anyhow, the real aim of such a thing would be to entice more people onto YWS. I've always thought it's kind of silly to have those "Invite your friend" email things. But with ecards, you can invite your friend to YWS without making it look like you're inviting them to YWS. It's a very subtle invite friends feature.

It is not enough to do your best; you must know what to do, and THEN do your best.
— W. Edwards Deming