z

Young Writers Society

Scheduling Private Group Chatrooms

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:58 pm
Nate says...

Anybody may schedule a private event in the chatroom; it could be for a group, could be storybook discussion, or anything else. When you schedule a private event, you will have a separate chatroom all to your group, which can be password protected. If you wish to schedule such an event, just contact me with:

- The Time: I need a date, a starting time, and an ending time (along with your timezone). Note that the chatroom will close automatically at the ending time.

- A list of moderators: Every private group chat needs chat moderators! If you cannot get a chat moderator, then just let me know. It may be that there are a couple of people in your group who would make good chat mods for the group chat.

- Password: If you want the private chat to be password protected, you got to give me the password.

- The Rules: The same rules apply to private group chats as to the chatroom itself. In fact, they are even more strictly enforced.

- List of expected participants: Just a quick list of who you expect to attend. In order for a private group chat to be scheduled, there must be at least five people. Note that if more people show up than you expected, that's fine. Just send me a list of who you think will be there.

- What It's About: Just a quick explanation of why you're scheduling the private group chat. Is it for discussing a storybook? Talking about the collapse of communism?

If you have any questions, this is the thread to ask them!

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:51 pm
Clo says...

Hey, that's pretty cool. Doubt I'd ever use it though, but I bet a lot of people will.
How am I not myself?

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:08 pm
Evi says...

Yes, actually, I have been yearning for a proper discussion on the collapse of communism recently. Does Friday at noon work for you?

;) Thanks, Nate! This sounds like a great idea for all the storybookers out there. ^^ You're awesome!
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:31 pm
Blink says...

Wow, that sounds awesome! Thanks. =] Now I need to go and rally my YWS rebels and our secret alliance. Ahem.
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:25 am
Demeter says...

Wow, cool. Now all I have to do is figure out something to talk about.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:58 am
OverEasy says...

It'd be a really great way to get some instructors together and plan something? Maybe brainstorm contest ideas, etc?
Life is for living.

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:43 pm
Adnamarine says...

Now that the instructors have a chatroom, what about the greeters?
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:05 pm
Meep(: says...

I love you, Adna <3
Yes! One for the Blues, please! :D
*puppy dog eyes*
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:38 pm
Rosendorn says...

That's probably a good idea. Get the blues organized.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:04 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

I second that, Rosey! I thought greeters are the "most important members on the site"!? We deserve our own chat room ^^
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.
— Eric Hoffer