Reviews: 1
Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:33 am
View Likes
kellydawn says...

I know it’s not what he wants to hear,
But he needs to know he’s not alone.
I tell him my story, letting my opinions
Run naked into the cool autumn air.
My secrets unfold, and I see his surprise manifest.
I know what he’s thinking.

He’s only ever seen me as Happy. Bubbly. Confident.
Like everyone else, he hadn’t discovered the true labyrinth
In which my twisted, bleak soul truly lives.
When I rise each morning, I lie to myself.
I am an actress.
I pretend to be loved, and let that character overwhelm me.

It is only in the depths of the nights,
And now on this should-be beautiful, fall day,
That reality sets in. And I let myself unravel,
Into the raw being that is Me.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:38 am
View Likes
Road To Darkness says...

Wow. That's all I can really say. This describes my life right now perfectly. I think that if this based on reality then I'm proud of you, even if I don't know you. Most people fake it and fake it and fake it until they explode. If this is based on reality than I'm glad you could let yourself go. I was pretending to be someone else for three years while I was engaged to the perfect guy. I thought I loved him but I was holding back emotion for my best friend that I realized was there all along and eventually I decided to let myself go. I decided to show who I am really. The real, wild, crazy, sometimes overbearing me. I only let myself unravel in front of him after my best friend admitted his love for me as well. I think that everyone gets a chance, but not everyone takes it. Some us just don't know when to give up. I think that no matter how bad it hurts, we have to accept it and let them go. If this emotion is real, than I'm glad you have that power. Because most people don't. Don't change this poem. It would be a waste of the talent you clearly have for exspressing the deep emotion that not many of us can exspress. So don't change it. It's perfect.

Truly Broken And Trying To Heal,
Stephanie
a.k.a.
Road To Darkness.
Truly Broken And Trying To Heal. That's Me. I Am Stephanie.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
— Mark Twain