A tick on the mortality rate.

Silent tongues,
With stories unstrung.

Deaths not one can foresee.
But happen even if we don’t agree.

With their unopened eyes.
And dead lies.

I feel their infection.
Even if there is no heartbeat detections.

Spoiler! :
Please comment, like and review. Thanks!
Peace,
Snickerdooly
Last edited by snickerdooly on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Characters cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:36 am
PollarBear14 says...

To be honest I don't get it. It sounds nice and has good language and flow but I just don't understand. Then again I only read it quickly. Nice work. Keep writing.

532 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 532
Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:01 pm
GeeLyria says...

Oh, my God!!

*Ahem* Hi there, snickerdooly!

Wow. It took me to read it three times and put it in the translator box to know what this poem was about. I mean, I never got to read the last line before re-reading. xD And when I finally got it, I was speechless.

Amazing, amazing job. Kudos on the way you wrote it: You left us in suspense and confused 'till the end. Very deep. It's short, it flows well, and you chose great vocabulary.

Keep writing!

~Solly<3
Noob is a state of being, not a length of time. ~Ego

"Serás del tamaño de tus pensamientos; no te permitas fracasar."

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:06 pm
MOIMOW says...

I, too, didn't get it 'til the end, and then it hit me. And I liked the feeling that happened when it hit me. So, if your goal was to make us feel awesome in a weird but good way, mission accomplished! And once I understood what it was about, I noticed how very good the piece was. Each line was really clever. Excellent job. Keep writing!
"Forget love. I'd rather fall in chocolate."

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:21 am
TinyDancer says...

This was perfectly disturbing. I love it. Nice use of imagery and flow. The rhythm was superb and not forced at all. You didn't have any grammar mistakes. It was spell-binding until the very last word. Great work!

~Jess
`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.•`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.•

“The circus arrives without warning.
No announcements precede it.
It is simply there,
When yesterday it was not.”

`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.•`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.•

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:39 am
camronmarshall says...

I'm not a big fan of this simple rhyme scheme and shallow metaphor. But it seems to work on some level so well done.

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:09 am
Bintulislam says...

Well, I am not at all a poetry person. But as a reader of poetry. This what I have to say:

Deaths not one can foresee.
But happen even if we don’t agree.
You can put apostrophe s after Death -- to make it sound like 'Death is'. Similarly, if you put 's' with happen, that will make it sound more like a routine of death.

Now, unlike most of the readers, I didn't find that poem that cryptic. I got registered as I read each line. It was simple and short. And it was a good idea to be put in a poem. But you could have done more justice to the poem by dwelling on the metaphors more, that is should have come up with more lines.

GoodLuck!
Enjoining Good and Forbidding Evil.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:42 am
Mirasol says...

Very beautiful. Simple and short but impactful.

[quote]An image not one too many see.
But not one too many wish to be.
/quote]

Why "but"? i think you should just leave out the "but" because it doesn't really make sense. If not many people see it, should they wish to be it?

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:05 pm
murtuza says...

Hi Snickerdooly :)

This piece is just classy and the more I read it, the more interested I get to read it again. I love the way you've rhythmically, through rhyme, made such symphony out of the chaos that is death. It's enlightening, philosophical, light and quite amusing.

The rhyme in this sounds so effortless and the play with words just shows your mastery over the language. This poem is more than great. It's brilliant.
Thank you so much for sharing this entertaining piece, and keep the bloo... er, ink flowing! ;)

Murtuza,
:)
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

Books give a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything
— Plato