Young Writers Society

Hope

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:34 am
Angelreader77 says...

The little kid smiles,
The little kid cries,
The little kid doesn't know what she is up for next.

Looking at her,
I know I can't break down,
No matter what,
No matter when.

Each of her smiles bring a tear,
a heartless weep,
a rip in me.

How can she smile,
Be so naive and hope
that things will be better?

How can she keep that hopeless faith,
knowing what lays ahead?

How can she fight back,
knowing who she is up against?

How can she make me believe,
that she within me,
Is not just a memory?
"The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears or the sea." --Isaac Dinesen

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:47 am
Angelreader77 says...

Can someone help me with the name? I'm stuck. :(
"The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears or the sea." --Isaac Dinesen

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:04 pm
View Likes
youngtalentkritz says...

i think that the title is very relevant..and the plot the poem tells is indeed interesting. but still if you want to come up with a new title..you can have "never grow up" or "the kid in me" or "kid's lesson" or somewhat like that.but i really appreciate your poem..,it is very touching.!! good work...keep going on!!:)

Random avatar

Reviews: 313
Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:26 pm
View Likes
TylynRae says...

I really liked the idea of this poem. I would have portrayed it slightly different. The rhythm seemed to be a bit off. The first two lines hinted that it may rhyme, but then it didn't, which sort of gave me a strange feeling and left me really searching for the rhythm.
But, the message of the poem was wonderful, and I like how you had it all centered around innocence and childhood.

This is my first review in a loong time, so I'm a bit rusty at this. Hope I helped a little =]
TylynTyrannosaurus<3 (tydecker777)

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:54 am
View Likes
shloka19 says...

I really like this poem and it reminded me of the little girl we saw in Gandhi Ashram- I know you don't rememebr her but here's my impression of her from my diary...
After visiting Gandhiji's house, we went to the back of the ashram and kept walking till we reached Manav Sadhna sanstha. Outside, we saw some children working on arts and crafts and thought it was a workshop to stimulate their creativity.
We went inside. There was a meeting going on. A man, on asking told us that the children were making bags and cards so that they could sustain themselves.
It was really nice to see that someone was taking an initative. I was touched, but not enough to make me change my thinking.
And then while we were talking to that man, a few children came up to us and put paper flowers which had petals on them that said 'peace, love, hope' around our necks.
A girl put the flower around my neck with a smile on her face. Her smile was so pure, genuine, innocent and sweet that all my previous doubts went away.
That girl, a girl from the slums, looked so beautiful to me at that moment. She was something pure and innocent, untouched by anything. And she was something that deserved much more. Much, much more than than the slums that she lived in, much more than anything she ever had.

Do you see how i interpreted it? Novels are their authors' but the poem truly belongs to their readers. To each his own interpretation.

I loved it anyways... as always :D
“Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous?’ Actually, who am I not to be?”--Marianne Williamson

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:08 pm
Deanie says...

This was a really sweet nice poem. I can tell you put effort into it and the message is really nice. It connects with the english lesson I had today which makes me feel all the more better about reading it. I think it was all pretty clear. I couldn't see any grammatical mistakes which is good. :) Great Job angel!

Deanie x
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:30 am
FruityBickel says...

Like said before, the rythm is slightly off. However, the message that is overall conveyed is nice. Also said before, I felt myself searching for a rhyme, and when there wasn't one it made the poem itself feel a bit off. It sorta messed with the flow and made the poem feel choppy, as though you were sorta stumbling along. All in all though, great poem. Keep writing!

You wanna be a writer? You don't know how or when? Find a quiet place, use a humble pen.
— Paul Simon