z

Young Writers Society

If...

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:02 pm
KatarinaLatisse says...

If...

If... I'm an emotional mess or emotionless, who really cares? Should it really matter? Does it change the way you think of me?

If... I'm dark and depressed, or unsocial and cold, or moody and gloomy , does it even makes a difference?

If... I break down and cry at every little thing, if life's too overwhelming for me, if I can't cope with anything, so what?

If... I'm selfish and greedy, and helpless and needy, does that make me evil?

If... I'm misunderstood and misunderstand, if I'm lost and I don't even know who I am, can you really say you know me?

If... I'm distraught and corrupted, and lonely and angry, what are you going to do about it?

It's all a part of who I am, and i hate myself for it. I don't need you to tell me, to help me, to change me, to pity me, to dispise me. I don't need you to imprison me or hurt me, to look down on me or loath me. I don't need you to laugh at me or try to know me. No one understands me, not even me, so don't think you can even begin to. I don't need you and your false hopes and fragile dreams.

I don't need you.

I'm better off alone.

Both of us will just get hurt if you come too close.

So stay away.

It's fine this way.

Nothing has to change.
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits..
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
~Unknown

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:21 pm
JCK says...

This poem obviously means something to you, I can see that very well in the way you're writing it. It's in a rather emotional style which I'm not particularly fond of as it often entails too much detail, although you've handled it fairly well, only slightly overstepping the line in certain places.

I don't really relate to this poem as the questions it asks aren't the kind I usually enjoy, they're more social than philosophical, but again, in the context of social issues it inspires some thought.

I also like how it rhymes but not too much, I've never been a fan of too much rhyme in a poem.

However, my dislikes involve the fact that towards the end you seem to be accusing the reader. Again, this poem is emotional, but to direct the emotion and 'blame' on to the reader by using a first person perspective and asking a bunch of uncomfortable rhetorical questions and the use of 'you' really does make me feel like I did something wrong. That's a good thing, I've connected with the poem. But I don't like the accusing nature, personally.

One final thing is that I noticed only a few slight grammatical errors, nothing to worry about, nothing a quick proof-read won't fix.;)~JCK
The most wondrous sight I've ever seen is the sight of the sun in the sky.We are some of the lucky few who are allowed to exist; does that not make it all worth it?

a chance to understand?

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:02 am
paintingtherain97 says...

Nice job. I've battled with depression, still am, and this really captures the feeling well. I liked your sort of...random rhyme scheme, with some of the rhymes in the lines. The title drew me in, too. I think I've thought about making a poem with this title. Of course, I won't now, since you already have, but I like this. If there's anything I have to complain about, it's that some of the lines were a little long for a poem. Maybe try breaking it up a bit. Anyway, good job and keep writing. You're good.
"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known..." A Tale of Two Cities, by Charles Dickens.

Why can't I put the entire Bee Movie in the quote generator? Would you prefer if I put in the Shrek script instead?
— CaptainJack