an allegory of the society

2 posts
User avatar
Gender Male
Points 890
Reviews 12
UNTITLED #2

Waded feet skirt the wind,
Hot winds blow, unhindered.
The sun shines;
Unaccustomed boats flee towards the shore.;
The heat driving them home.
The sea is a big boiling broth;
The scant sky is naked
The gulls perspire in fight,
Many fall to the water hoping to cool;
fools, many burn their flesh.
Idiosyncrasy of lunatics,
Absence of sense in the grand council of gulls,
Those fly circles for food.
Scathed, loathsome, scavenging mongrels– these gulls.
Fish, shrimp, crab and gulls,
All shall perish one day.
What we are, we are not.
What we are not, we are.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 10
Wow. That was amazing. It had a very good feel to it, I couldn't see any mistakes really, but I'm not the best at spotting them. Keep up the good work, you are talented.

- Sim :smt020
***

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.



I was flummoxed by fractious Franny's decision to abrogate analgesics for the moribund victims of the recent conflagration. Of course, to display histrionics was discretionary, but I did so anyways, implicating a friend in my drama to make the effect cumulative. I think a misanthrope would have a prosaic appellation, perhaps one related to autonomy and the rejection of anthropocentrism. I think they wouldn't think much of the prominence of watching the coagulation of tea to prognosticate future malevolent events, not even if those events were related to jurisprudence.
— Spearmint