Life is everywhere
Life is nowhere
Life is happy
Life is sad
Life can't be seen
Life can't not be seen
Life is life

Once again, i am open to all comments.
Last edited by Shadow Knight on Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:09 pm
nickelpickle says...

um...this didn't do it for me...Your other poem was okay, but this was just full of repetition. Yes, I know it was meant to be repetitive, but I didn't like it! Anyway.. You don't really apply it to yourself, there is no emotition and you state the obvious (yes, I have been told that countless times). I personally, would add about two lines below each of the lines in this poem. i.e.
Life is long
(description/emotion)
(description/emotion)

Um..The last line killed me... Life is life????

In conclusion, I didn't really like this because of the repetition, but that's just me. You should definitly keep writing, but try to pick topics that you know in order to have emotition in your work.

205 Reviews

Reviews: 205
Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:37 pm
PsyLynx says...

very oriental. The sort of piece that's supposed to tell you, "okay, I've said that. Try to understand it, you probably do understand it, now try to put the peices together on your own. Meditate on this." or something.

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:27 am
niteowl says...

This was boring. And way too repetitive. I didn't like it. And I think there was a typo in this line

Life can't be seem

I assume you meant seen?

Write something with emotion. When you're depressed or angry or even insanely happy. It makes the poem ten times better.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:48 pm
Emma says...

lol

Its like you were going to something really good an then you just ruined it with those words at the end... tut tut

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:55 pm
Lollipop says...

I think you're all wrong shadowknights very good! :P

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:05 pm
Incandescence says...

Can we say, "lame-o"?

Please try to steer away from describing to me what life is. I subscribe to my own philosophy, and this was little short of garbage. You did not persuade my thinking on what life is and certainly left many questions dangling at the end. "Life is life." Not too original, are we? As deeply profound as this could sound to a group of teenie-emo-boppers, ultimately this is a recitation of whatever depth you were clinging to. In a very Lacanian sense, you justified the rest of the poem with this line by saying, "I don't know what life is, but I do know that life is life." Well, thank you, Sherlock.

At any rate, life cannot be summed up in 30 words. Furthermore, you took troglodyte words to describe "life," but nowhere to be found was there a trace of imagery, simile, metaphor, alliteration, or any poetic device, or, for that matter, anything characteristic of a poem at all. The linebreaks were uneffective and you should have described life in the varying stages of "happy" and "not happy" with poetic verse, not a list of things. Keep in mind, a poem is rarely good as a list, especially when that list does nothing to evoke emotions.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:03 pm
Midnight says...

Well firstly disagree with Brad, poetry and literature is partly about describing what life is for yourself through your words and words of others.

However this was ok, I do think it reminded me a bit of a clapping game, like the ones you used to play in the playground at school? There were some good poetic devices such as alliteration and the rhythm was interesting. But I think the poem as a whole didn't draw me any.
available

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:31 am
Shadow Knight says...

Meh, i agree that life cannot be summed up in 30 words. I wrote this a few years ago so that's why it isn't that great.
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Sun May 15, 2005 12:09 pm
hallie_92 says...

hey hun
i actually get this 1
im so proud
luv ya

Poetry is a phantom script telling how rainbows are made and why they go away.
— Carl Sandburg