This is a haiku I wrote for class

5 posts
Random avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 3
"Leaves"
Beautiful soldiers
Marching uniformly from
The large chestnut tree




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 36
Hmm..I'm not sure I get the soilder reference...




Random avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 3
Soldiers fall everyday kinda like leaves.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 1609
Reviews 602
That's a good metaphor, but I'm not a fan of Haiku's so I haven't got anything constructive to say...:(
Except, I noticed it could be flowing better...I'm not exactly sure how...
Also, maybe you could include the 'Soldiers fall everyday kinda like leaves' in the poem except in this phrase:
Soldiers fall fall everyday like leaves
So that people understand more about that ^^
everything i loved
became everything i lost.


Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 461
I liked this. I'm just getting into the Haiku world of poetry myself, but I'm not so good. Look up my work; Snowdrop, and you'll see what I mean.

I liked the reference to the soldiers; it was what I would call deep and hard hitting. I think in those few lines you could've made the leaves seem more element; Autumn is beatiful afterall.

Good stuff here though.
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!



Education is education. We should learn everything and then choose which path to follow. Education is neither Eastern or Western; it is human.
— Malala