z

Young Writers Society

The secret life of Meera

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Sun May 14, 2006 12:38 pm
Angel17 says...

It was another mind-numbingly dull day at boring, boarding school. Sitting in Maths, all I could concentrate on was the creaking walls of this new place I was in. Everyone seemed awkward. In every class I entered, no student would dare say a word, or even breathe too loudly. I could not help but think something suspicious was going on. As I looked around the painfully silent room I caught the eye of a boy in the class. His profound, hazel eyes resembled the eyes of a fierce creature.
Shockingly, the room began to slowly cave in on me. I closed my eyes, to shut out the fear. I warily began to open them again, “Hello, where did everyone go?” I asked bewildered, but I was just talking to myself.
The room was the same, with authentic oak wood which creaked. High, gold patterned ceilings decorated in such magnificent detail, the room was still wide, with all the single-desks in there places. There was a gently subtle gold pattern on the door which I had never noticed until now too.
I decided to go outside the room to find out what was going on. As I sneaked along the corridor, the Headmaster was waiting in the centre of the pathway. But his head was not his own. He had the head of… of an owl!
“Young man where are you going?” asked the headmaster with a suspecting expression. ”Oh, I, um… I’m going to deliver this note” replied the boy as he pulled out a folded piece of paper. The headmaster let him pass as he watched the boy walk away. But like the headmaster the boy also had the head of an animal, and he had the head of a snake. My heart was racing, I was so confused, and I could not believe what I was seeing. I felt as if my eyes were deceiving me.
I began to run quietly towards another corridor just in case I got caught. Whilst I crept across the empty, narrow corridors, I saw the boy from my class again. I gasped as he now had the head of a tiger. He did not notice me luckily.
I walked on. This time I came across a mirror. I looked into it, and I now had the head of a peacock. I had no clue what was going on, but the only conclusion I could draw was that the animals represent the person’s personality traits.
As I gazed into the entrancing mirror, a vortex opened up. The vortex was so dynamic. So forceful that I was compelled to enter into its hypnotic rays. The swirling, circles, swirled from every side. BANG! I gasped. A ruler was banged on the table, causing my heart to skip a beat.
“Are you listening or would you prefer to listen to me during your lunch break Meera?” Yelled the teacher enraged. His face so stern and his eyes so cold it could melt in fire. “I am sorry sir” I replied nervously, as my voice trembled. “I want you in my office after this lesson, DO NOT BE LATE” He shouted so loudly it was like the room shook.
The bell rang! Everyone bolted out the door towards outside, where the glistening, golden sun shone through the sparkling window so dramatically; it managed to light up even this dark and dreary place. However, I had to go and see the ‘cheerful’ Mr Daniels for my detention.
He was the only teacher who literally scared me. I prudently began to turn the rusty, door knob dreading the thought of entering. I looked inside and there were a few students sat, but Mr Daniels was not there yet. I had never felt such relief. I sat on one of the empty chairs near the window, and placed my belongings on the chair next to me. When I found a mysterious ring.
It looked valuable, like an antique. It had a mystical feel to it, with its strong oceanic blue, sapphire colour. I gazed into its overpowering beauty for a while.
When I turned my head away from the ring, the vision that lie ahead of me left me breathless. The most deep, clear crystal blue ocean was just below the bridge I was on. The ocean was calm, and the stillness of the place was astounding. The fresh, scent of the waters was so strong, that it overtook my senses. I have never felt such peace as all my worries vanished.
No one else was in this magical world but me. My temptation to jump into the deep, depths of the stunning ocean overcame me. I was compelled to leap from the bridge into the sparkling, warm water. As I was in the ocean, my vision was so clear; it was like looking through glass. I went in deeper than I thought possible, when I eventually spotted a shiny, golden object. I pushed myself towards it, holding my breath, maintaining control. But it seemed so far, I was not about to give up however, I persevered, and struggled moving closer. When, suddenly I heard a deep voice behind me, I looked back.
“Meera this day dreaming has got to stop. It is becoming a regular thing, your grades are slipping and if this continues it will land you in a lot more trouble. I am going to call your parents in. It will be in your own best interests in the long run” Mr Daniels told me. He actually looked concerned. My day dreaming was my only escape, but now I had no way out of what lie ahead, when my parents came in.
Real poetry are those with the best words in the best order

~~~~~~~~Mandy~~~~~~~~~

Random avatar

Reviews: 44
Sun May 14, 2006 2:32 pm
blob says...

I...wha?...i dont get it...

but other than the really confusing text it was funny, and i loved the description of the room at the start, but if ure gonna make it wierd make it understandibly wierd.

gud luk with youre next thing,

u got 6/10 on my scale
From palistine and proud of it

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Tue May 16, 2006 12:11 am
View Likes
Dream Deep says...

blob wrote:I...wha?...i dont get it...

but other than the really confusing text it was funny, and i loved the description of the room at the start, but if ure gonna make it wierd make it understandibly wierd.

I agree, it was a little hard to follow, but otherwise very well written.

Maybe put spaces in next time? ^_~

Pretty good, Angel17. :P

Imagine if everybody had a little Wii sports Mii to say "Great Shot!" everytime they did something right.
— TheMythMaster