z

Young Writers Society

Confessions of Abuse

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:45 pm
winterbaby says...

Dear Diary,
I don’t know what I did to make him so mad. I didn’t know he had a temper. I just tried to be a good girlfriend. But nothing I did was right. He was known throughout our high school. When he asked me out, I felt like I was floating on a cloud. I never thought someone so cool and sexy would ask me out. Now I know it was a BIG mistake. It started about four weeks ago. We were walking home and we got into an argument about my weekend plans.
“I thought you were going to the movies with me” he asked with his voice raised.
“I’m sorry, Jason but I haven’t seen Sam in about a month and besides we hangout all the time” I said.
Sam was my best friend since grade school. We went to separate schools so I didn’t get to see him that often.
Jason was furious when I said that.
“Oh, I see you just want to hang out with him so you can fuck him, don’t you?”
“What, no, why are acting so stupid Jason?”
That’s when he smacked me across the face. My face hurt so bad that it turned red from his hand. I started to cry and he just looked at me even more furious.
“Don’t ever call me stupid and stop that crying, what are you a little baby?” he said to me.
I was in total shock; I couldn’t believe my boyfriend just hit me. So I stopped crying and we walked in silence the rest of the way. When I got home I just went to my room and put a heating pad on my face to make the hurting and redness go away. I had a small bruise on my cheek for a week. I never told anyone about what really happened.
After that, it just got worse. The next weekend we went to a party. It was fun, a lot of my classmates were there and a couple of my friends were there also. I got up from my seat to go look for Jason. When I found him, he and Stacy, the cheer-leading captain, were making out on the couch.
I was disgusted and upset at the same time. I told my friends what I just saw. Some were mad and telling me that they were going to kick his ass and the others keep asking if I was OK. I told them that I just wanted to go home, so they took me home and we spent the night trash talking Jason.
That Monday I planned on breaking up with Jason, so I told him to meet me on bleachers right after school. It was about 3:30 and I was waiting at the top of the bleachers. Ten minutes went by and I finally saw Jason walking up towards me.
“What did ya want, I was busy” he said annoyed.
“Busy? Yeah Right, don’t give me that crap, you were probably making out with Stacy AGAIN”.
He just looked at me and said “excuse me”.
I crossed my arms and said “you heard me; I know you’ve been seeing Stacy and I’m done Jason, it’s over”.
I tried to walk away but he grabbed my arm really hard and when I looked at his face all I saw was anger.
“No one breaks up with me”
“Well I just did, now let me go” I said annoyed.
He looked at me hard and said “fine then, I’ll let you go”.
It happened so fast. Jason pushed me down the bleachers. I hit my head so hard that it stated to bleed on the side. When I got to the bottom, all the air was knocked out of me. It hurt when I tried breathing. My right eye was blackened and swollen. My bottom lip was busted and I had cuts all over my face and my whole body. I also had a big bruise on my left shoulder blade; the size of a softball. I was in so much pain.
I heard Jason walk down the bleachers toward me and heard him say “stupid bitch”.
He walked away, leaving me there on the ground.
I didn’t move because every part of my body ached. I laid there for about an hour until the football team came on the field for practice. They all ran over to me, with worried faces. A couple kneeled next to me asking if I was alright and saying they were going to get help. When they told me that they called an ambulance, relieve just washed over my body.
I told the police what had happened and they arrested Jason the next day. My ankle was broken, so I could walk for awhile. But in time all my cuts and bruises healed. I still ask myself what did I do to make him so mad.
Love,
Nicole

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:25 pm
Soulkana says...

Dear Diary,

I don’t know what I did to make him so mad. I didn’t know he had a temper. I just tried to be a good girlfriend. I would but a comma and combine those two sentences, suggestionBut nothing I did was right. He was known throughout our high school. When he asked me out, I felt like I was floating on a cloud. I never thought someone so cool and sexy would ask me out. Now, I know it was a BIG mistake. It started about four weeks ago. We were walking home and we got into an argument about my weekend plans.

“I thought you were going to the movies with me” he asked, with his voice raised.

“I’m sorry, Jason but I haven’t seen Sam in about a month and besides we hangout all the time” I said.

Sam was my best friend since grade school. We went to separate schools so I didn’t get to see him that often.

“What, no, why areyou acting so stupid Jason?”

That’s when he smacked me across the face. My face hurt so bad that it turned red from his hand. I started to cry and he just looked at me even more furious.

“Don’t ever call me stupid and stop that crying, what are you a little baby?” he said to me.

I was in total shock; I couldn’t believe my boyfriend just hit me. So I stopped crying and we walked in silence the rest of the way. When I got home I just went to my room and put a heating pad on my face to make the hurting and redness go away. I had a small bruise on my cheek for a week. I never told anyone about what really happened.

After that, it just got worse. The next weekend we went to a party. It was fun, a lot of my classmates were there and a couple of my friends were there also. I got up from my seat to go look for Jason. When I found him, he and Stacy, the cheer-leading captain, were making out on the couch.

I was disgusted and upset at the same time. I told my friends what I just saw. Some were mad and telling me that they were going to kick his ass and the others keep asking if I was OK. I told them that I just wanted to go home, so they took me home and we spent the night trash talking Jason.

That Monday I planned on breaking up with Jason, so I told him to meet me on bleachers right after school. It was about 3:30 and I was waiting at the top of the bleachers. Ten minutes went by and I finally saw Jason walking up towards me.

“What did ya want, I was busy” he said, annoyed.

“Busy? Yeah R right, don’t give me that crap, you were probably making out with Stacy AGAIN”.

He just looked at me and said “e, Excuse me?”.

I crossed my arms and said “y, You heard me; I know you’ve been seeing Stacy and I’m done Jason, it’s over”.

I tried to walk away, but he grabbed my arm really hard and when I looked at his face all I saw was anger.

“Well I just did, now let me go” I said, annoyed.

He looked at me hard and said “f Fine then, I’ll let you go”.

It happened so fast. Jason pushed me down the bleachers. I hit my head so hard that it stated to bleed on the side. When I got to the bottom, all the air was knocked out of me. It hurt when I tried breathing. My right eye was blackened and swollen. My bottom lip was busted and I had cuts all over my face and my whole body. I also had a big bruise on my left shoulder blade; the size of a softball. I was in so much pain.

I heard Jason walk down the bleachers toward me and heard him say “s Stupid bitch”.

I didn’t move because every part of my body ached. I laid there for about an hour until the football team came on the field for practice. They all ran over to me, with worried faces. A couple kneeled next to me asking if I was alright and saying they were going to get help. When they told me that they called an ambulance, relieve just washed over my body.

I told the police what had happened and they arrested Jason the next day. My ankle was broken, so I could couldn'twalk for awhile. But Could put still in time all my cuts and bruises healed. I still ask myself what did I do to make him so mad.

Love,

Nicole

Sides the spelling errors I say GREAT JOB and made me cry! Hugs good job on doing that haha!! Well Good luck and Happy Writing!!!!
Soulkana<3
May the gentle moon take you into peaceful dreams. May the mighty sun brighten your new days.

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:29 pm
View Likes
Dreamwalker says...

This short story has nothing to do with fantasy xP. You might want to move this to general fiction.

~Walker
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:33 pm
HorsebackWriter says...

winterbaby wrote:Dear Diary,
I don’t know what I did to make him so mad. I didn’t know he had a temper. I Comma here instead of period. just tried to be a good girlfriend. But nothing I did was right. He was known throughout our high school. When he asked me out, I felt like I was floating on a cloud. I never thought someone so cool and sexy would ask me out. Now I know it was a BIG mistake. It started about four weeks ago. We were walking home and we got into an argument about my weekend plans.
“I thought you were going to the movies with me” he asked with his voice raised.
“What, no, why are acting so stupid Jason?”
“What did ya want, I was busy” he said annoyed.
“Busy? Yeah Right, don’t give me that crap, you were probably making out with Stacy AGAIN”.
He just looked at me and said “excuse me”.
I crossed my arms and said “you heard me; I know you’ve been seeing Stacy and I’m done Jason, it’s over”.
I tried to walk away but he grabbed my arm really hard and when I looked at his face all I saw was anger.
“Well I just did, now let me go” I said annoyed.
He looked at me hard and said “fine then, I’ll let you go”.
I heard Jason walk down the bleachers toward me and heard him say “stupid bitch”.
I told the police what had happened and they arrested Jason the next day. My ankle was broken, so I could walk for awhile. But in time all my cuts and bruises healed. I still ask myself what did I do to make him so mad.
Love,
Nicole

This was a good story, but I noticed toward the end your capitalization went slack, you might want to fix that. I liked that you sent her to the police (you know what I mean) some abuse stories I read the abusee always hides whats happening to him/he, it was good that you wrote her brave enough to stand up for herself. And you might want to move this to General Fiction, I'm sorry but there really is nothing related to the Fantasy topic in this. Good job.
"So it all comes down to this, doesn't it? Does the wand in your hand know it's last master was Disarmed? Beacause if it does...I am the true master of the Elder Wand."

"And quite honestly, I've had enough trouble for a lifetime."

~Harry Potter

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:14 pm
dregymayfield says...

I'm not sure if this is from your personal diary or if it's just totally made up. I kind of liked it even though it was written in the form of a diary. Here's a lesson to everyone "Don't ever tell your bf/gf that you wish to hang out with a bestfreind who is of the opposite sex because this could happen to you...lol"

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:48 pm
cookEmonster says...

That was really good! hahah- pretty short though, maybe you could add some detail to it? That'd definetely make it a lot better, good job though!! :3

From,
CookEmonster :]
To accept life is to accept the fate it comes with- we were born to die.
So why not make the best of what we've been given with the short time we have on earth?
I like to live every day to it's fullest. (: And writing helps me do that...

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:28 pm
NLPrincess13 says...

i with "DreamWalker" it should be moved to the general fiction !

i loved it , it's realistic and sadly it is!
any way well done, i love it once again. the events was rich and flow of emotion was sensible.
keep up and update us with more pieces but less painful, OK?:D
<3 Princess of Neverland <3

[while trapped in a bucket of popcorn] You know what the worst part is? It's not even butter. We're gonna be destroyed by... ARTIFICIAL FLAVORING!
— Blake Bradley, Power Rangers Ninja Storm