z

Young Writers Society

Flames of the Broken

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:36 am
View Likes
Milaita says...

"Does time mend a broken heart? Does it just sit there, and gather dust? Tell me what you think. I want to know. Do the lies you tell me end up forgotten? Or do I remember them for eternity? Tell me what you know. Can I trust that the secrets I share with you will remain secrets? Can I tell you, can I tell you that my heart is broken? May I give you the knowledge I hold? Can you grasp enough to know that I am hurting inside? If you can't, you should be ashamed." I said. I was shocked to hear myself say this without stumbling on every other word. I slowly walked back to my desk, glancing at Chris's face as I passed him by.

"Ellie, since when could you come up with things like that? You should seriously become a poet." He whispered. I shrugged my shoulders, smiling as the bell rings. What he doesn't know, is that I'm not human. I'm a demon. I can feel his heartbeat from a mile away. Unlike all those untrue stories of demons, I'm not ugly, nor am I terrifying. I look just like a normal teenager. In a sense, I am a normal teenager.

I would become a poet, if I was allowed to.

Silently, I get my things, and head out to my parked car. I climb in, start it, and turn on Blood Stain Child, one of my favorite bands. As I turn the corner onto my street, I look to my house and see it engulfed in flames. I stop the car and jump out and run over to it. I run inside, my temper boiling as I frantically search for my mother and brother. I find them, rush them out of the house and go back in. I messed up by doing that. As I check the other rooms, I hear the upper floor falling. I run for the door, but the house collapses on top of me. I didn't make it in time. I recite my poem in my head, crying, and dying. Thank you for all the opportunities.
Last edited by Milaita on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
“There is a tide in the affairs of men, Which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune. Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat. And we must take the current when it serves, or lose our ventures.”- William Shakespeare

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:44 am
MUCHO says...

Interesting...I liked this, though maybe it can be longer, I especially liked the line--

"I'm a demon...I am a normal teenager." That was very powerful, and kind of captures what I felt like as a teenager, and what I do feel like sometimes, though the feeling passes.

The ending was...perfect? I don't really know how to describe it, but it moved me, especially the juxtaposition of a demon doing right things...that was effective--

Spelled dying wrong at the end (dieing?) and I'm not so sure how I feel about the opening speech, though it was effective and the questions drew me right in.

Excellent. 3 and a half stars out of 5, I do the star thing now--I'm going to follow you.
"This is our decision,
to live fast and die young...
Yeah it's overwhelming,
but what else can we do?
Get jobs in offices and
wake up for the morning commute?

The models will have children,
we'll get a divorce,
find some more models;
everything must run its course!

Fated to Pretend

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:49 am
Milaita says...

Thanks for your feedback. :/ I don't know if dying or dieing is right. I mix 'em up. It's dying.:/ Oh well. But anyway, thanks again. :) I'm always open to ways to improve my writing. :D
“There is a tide in the affairs of men, Which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune. Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat. And we must take the current when it serves, or lose our ventures.”- William Shakespeare

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:10 pm
Jalmoc says...

Hi there! I'm Jalmoc. :D So i randomly read stories like a good writer and comment. Lol. so to your story. I felt like it was kind of rushed.... How did the demon get here? Did he do it by choice? Or was it a mission?... Just think about stuff like this. :P I hope I was some help! I'm a little rushed on time. lol. Well Keep Writing!!!
If you don't take a chance, you'll always live your life in regret, so let your heart show it's true colors and admit your feelings!

Tis not the blade that took your life, but the Assassin behind it.

When Reality has all but fallen away, recreate your own world

There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.
— J.K. Rowling