z

Young Writers Society

Alice

191 Reviews

Reviews: 191
Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:46 am
carbonCore says...

It started, as it usually did, with the snapping of a twig.

As it has been a long time since we ran into the Onodama cannibal tribes, I grew comfortable and relaxed in my safety. In fact, I didn’t even put down the knife, or the potato I was cleaning at the time when I heard the sound. My mind lazily walked through the possibilities: Ean was goosing around, Ugor found a mushroom, Zakh-Zvei peeled the tree bark for his paint, or maybe Rina got bored of her mathematics and went to breathe some forest air. A few more peels of potato skin fell by the extinguished fire before the worries began to settle.

Ean, Eva, and Ugor were all out hunting. I put the knife and the potato down into the pot, and scanned the campsite. Rina-Zvei and her father left for Ikamase and wouldn’t be back for another day. My hand slowly reached for the flail leaning by a tree just behind me. Another snap of a twig, this time from the opposite side of the camp.

“Hello?” I called into the woods. “Eva? Ugor? Who’s there?”

No answer. Clearly it was not Death himself that came to reap my life, as the birds still happily sang their song, and the morning sun still burned as bright as it should. Not a wolf – they would not attack me if they could get their teeth on a moose, of which there were plenty here. Not a bear, as there were none in Onodama forests, and I wouldn’t hear one coming, anyway. My flail’s chain tinkled quietly, like the smallest wind chime, as the sickle on its end waved back and forth in the wind.

There was no sense in hiding myself now that I had given away my position with my voice, so I got up and slowly circled the camp, peering into the woods. Someone who had taken the time to approach the clearing quietly before the twigs gave him away probably saw me before I even knew he was there, anyway. My mind told me not to worry, as the last time we saw any of the cannibal tribes on our trip was two days ago, and I could probably handle a lone bandit, so long as he wasn’t a Natural – then all bets would be off. Knowing this helped little, however, as I found my knuckles white around the iron staff of the flail.

I came to the spot from which I thought the second snap to have come from. The trees grew bushy canopies here, blocking out most sunlight and creating a pitch black gloom beneath them. The sun was in front, which made it so much harder to see. I moved the branches apart and thought I could make out a hunched shape somewhere in the distance, but way too far to have produced the sound...

“Daenan, was it?”

My heart kicked me in the ribcage and I half-spun, half-jumped right around. He was five steps behind me, leaning on a tree and lazily gnawing on a piece of the moose jerky that dried on a string between the tree’s branches.

“Bit dry, that,” he mildly concluded, and tossed the ruined meat to the ground. “The goat meat you served me before had such a refined taste. Eva’s quite the chef, yes?”

“Didn’t we beat you down back in Rupture, Michael?” I said through gritted teeth, gripping my flail with both hands now. “You here for more?”

He hadn’t changed a bit. His face hinted at a not particularly ancient, not particularly sick, nor a particularly starved man that still managed to look like a skeleton with wrinkled skin and dark circles under his eyes. And, as before, he was draped in black – nothing but black. That he hadn’t changed was just a bit unusual in itself, as the last time I saw him was with my flail’s sickle sticking out of his chest and pumping raging lightning through his body.

“It’s Aidan, actually,” he said, and pushed himself off the tree to pace back and forth. I saw no evidence of his ice gauntlet anywhere, or any other weapon. “There is a certain mood attached to every name – the spirit of it, if you will. I like to experiment with different aliases. Some, for instance, make me feel more confident. Others, more ready to cause suffering. ‘Michael’ fit particularly well with, ah... friendliness, I suppose?”

“Did you suddenly change it to ‘Murderer’ when you started killing people?” I growled, walking in a circle around him. That’s right, sidestep just like that, and trip on the pot. I’ll cut you right this time. “I killed you – I thought I killed you once, I can do it again. I’d like to see your Sovereign put you back together after I’m done with you.”

“Please, Daenan,” he waved me off with a sarcastic little smile. What a snake. “I didn’t come here to fight – hmm, merely to evaluate, yes. You’ll notice that I am quite unarmed.” He stopped just shy of the pot and spread out his arms at me, as if to prove he didn’t smuggle anything in. “This is to ensure the validity of the experiment.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Oh, you wouldn’t know. I started the topic of names by design, see. Tell me,” he said, and lowered his voice, once again smiling mysteriously. “What kind of connotation does the name ‘Alice’ carry for you?”

“What kind of—I don’t—”

It was so quiet. I would never have heard it if the birds hadn’t stopped singing then (or, perhaps, sometime before then), for the sound barely differed from the rustling of leaves. It was also a rustling, but of a robe, with no other sound accompanying it. Not even the sound of footsteps.

I turned just in time to deflect an attack made with a narrow white object with the handle of my flail, the force of which buckled my knees. I righted myself and took a step forward, whipping the sickle around at my attacker’s head, and it struck flesh. Despite reaching as fast as I could for the hepatizon core, a strong kick to the chest knocked me down on the ground before I could grasp it. The flail was yanked out of my hands, its blade still stuck in the side of a large tan-brown robe.

“Enough,” Aidan said. “Let him get up. You blind-sided him, stupid girl. This was supposed to be a fair fight.”
Groaning, I got off the ground. Aidan had ‘Alice’ give me time to breathe, and I used it to see exactly who my opponent was.

That unusual robe covered most of her body like a cloak. Underneath were the same black Sovereignty military clothes that Aidan wore, though they looked a bit more worn. I saw no trace of the white object, but the robe covered most of her left half – her right hand was empty. Short blonde hair peeked from under the hood. What I saw of her expression was not of rage, nor that of emptiness. If it were a metal, it would be the kind that had a cool feel to it even on the sunniest day.

Without showing any difference in emotion, she pulled the sickle out of her left shoulder and threw the flail to my feet, never breaking eye contact with me. There was no soul there, in her eyes. There was something else.

Careful not to take my eyes off her, I picked up my flail. Blood dripped from the sickle down onto the grass. I righted the flail, holding it like a staff. As the sickle swung close to the hepatizon core inside the handle, the blood on it went up in wispy smoke, and the chained blade was violently flicked backwards. A fairly strong force Natural, then. Great. That's for thinking that peeling potatoes wasn't that exciting.

All was still. We stared at each other – or rather, I stared. She looked. Peered, maybe, or inspected. Observed? Anything but stared. All was still for another few seconds, until a careless wind intruded the meadow. The breeze blew the robe back like a cape, and where there was supposed to be a black military sleeve, there was a sawed-off wraith arm.

“What the--?!” I screamed, taking several instinctive steps back. The alien left arm twitched, raised, and raked its white claws through the robe, tearing it off. “You—you sick freaks! What have you—how—why...?”

She didn’t let me finish, and charged me with an inhuman speed. Her face never changed, just looking forward, methodically, in shallow concentration. I dove out of her way and the claw whistled through empty air, but her eyes were already looking at me, at my new position. Before I could gather myself, she spun about her axis once before sweeping the wraith arm through the air above her in an arc and bringing it down straight at my head.

The tempered Mogh steel of the flail held, but my muscles were near giving way, and my bones made sounds that bones should not make. The claw twitched inches above eyes and I saw every little red line of capillaries and blood vessels gripping the bare bleached bones like vines, as if they were on a real wraith. The rest of her was down on one knee in a fairly light and relaxed stance, holding me with the claw like a child would hold a grasshopper with a cupped hand. But the worst thing was not the wraith arm; it was the unchanging face and its unflinching eyes, looking at me as an alchemist might look at his vial when combining two potions.

I gritted my teeth and pushed hard on the flail, trying to force her off, but nothing came of that. Instead, she brought her right hand to my face – the fingers of which I now saw to be ringed with black metal, the rings connected to each other with a string – and extended her thumb. Little pink dots of hepatizon showed in the rings, and an orb of pure force, like shimmering air on a hot afternoon, swirled just off her palm.

Life fought back hard against the jaws of death. Desperation filled me, and I half-roared, half-screamed as my body found strength that was never there before. Even the flail groaned now, but the claw budged. It budged! The success injected more power into my muscles, and, little by little, distance was made between the claw and my head. She smiled then.

It was a passing little smile, like the twitch in your lips you get when you hear a genuinely funny joke told at a funeral. The wraith arm crushed me with the might of a solid steel leviathan, as if she wasn’t even using a fraction of her strength before this moment. My scream died into a choke as the flail now pressed down on my throat, and my hands lay pinned by the metal handle. So as to not accidentally quicken my death, the grip once again lightened now that the flail wasn’t a problem. She extended all of her fingers now on her right hand, and the swirl rapidly intensified.

“Wait,” I gasped. “Before – you—kill me, I have something I want to... tell you. You are... so beautiful.”

Her hand snapped shut around the orb in a surprise movement, which vanished from existence with a loud cracking noise. Her methodical expression remained unchanged, but the pressure of the claw lightened considerably, if for a moment. But a moment was all that I needed to launch a rock-shattering kick into her stomach into which I put every portion of my remaining strength. It sent her flying off me. My thought was right, then – neither the strength or the weight of the wraith arm was not hers, it was applied through her force Nature. Now that I had the advantage, I made no plans of giving it up, and scooped up the flail just before leaping at her.

“Ooh, big mistake,” Aidan chuckled behind me. He was right. If he really wouldn’t interfere, the battle would be over for Alice. I stepped down on her stomach, gripped the flail right at the hepatizon core – a fiery burn through my hand made me clench my teeth every time I did this – and jammed its butt end into her chest.

Her back arched from the lightning surge flowing though her body, but I kept her pinned to the ground with my foot. The electricity locked her muscles in a spasm, finally replacing that look of cold metal with a pained scowl. I admired her strength as even through the waves of electricity she managed to turn her head just enough to look at me. Then I saw – or maybe it was a spasm – the corner of her mouth briefly twitch into another smile. Then I understood that Aidan was not talking about her mistake.

Everything happened so fast that I could only recall it in frames. One moment I leaned on the staff to wipe that smirk off her face. The next, I felt bent in half, sideways at the waist. Then I was flying through the air. At some point after being thrown, I realized that there were now four spots of incinerating pain in my side. At the next, I smashed into a tree, and briefly lost consciousness, only to awake five seconds later to pain in every square inch in my body.

When I could see again, I saw through a haze Alice’s figure approaching me. I couldn’t move, every limb, every rib threatened to burn its way out through my body. Unable to bear the pain, I closed my eyes and opened them again. Now I saw a midriff clothed in black and the arm of a wraith before me, its talons dripping with blood. I felt like a rubbish heap, broken in every single place. It hurt as I breathed, and I slowly blinked. Now the ringed right hand was gathering an orb of a hot mid-afternoon air in front of me. Was this a sick little game, I thought to myself. Did she make a bet that she would deal the killing blow by shredding apart my head with a force blast? Why couldn’t she finish it with just one clean swoop of the sharp white talons?

But opening my eyes for the last time, I saw a better picture. I heard, somewhere in the distance, Aidan’s panicked shouts, and I saw no more midriff or claw or air. Equally distant, I heard Ugor’s voice, and the sound of arrows ripping through the air. Only the kind of sound arrows make when shot from an oaken bow hardened with recipes known to no one but Ean. The pain and the trauma got the better of me then, and I succumbed into unconsciousness.

-----------------------

My inability to write battle scenes is legendary, so I decided to practice by writing this scene, and have some fun with it while I was at it. Keeping that in mind, I would love it if you guys tore this to ribbons, as I'm trying hard to improve. Does it flow well? Does any wording feel awkward or out of place? Is any part of the action unclear?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by carbonCore on Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
_

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:18 am
silentpages says...

Your thrashing has arrived, sir. *salutes*
My notes going through:

"As it’s been a long time" - Tense issue? Should be 'as it had been a long time' or something like that?

"I grew relaxed to a point which, in retrospect, was dangerous and scary." This is phrased a bit oddly... Maybe try to reword it?

"I didn’t even put down the knife, or the potato I was cleaning at the time when I heard the sound." Generally one doesn't put down a knife when they hear a sound. Not if they're usually wary, or on the lookout for something. Maybe you'd set down a potato peeler... Wait. Does one clean a potato with a knife? o.O

"Not a bear, as Onodama forests were quite devoid of them, and I wouldn’t hear one coming, anyway." Again, a bit odd... Stiff, maybe? This could probably be fine, but it might sound more natural if you had something like... "Not a bear. A bear hadn't been seen in these parts in ages, and a bear wouldn't have given me such a warning anyway. All the rumors said that they could appear without a sound and drag a man away before he had time to scream." Uh... Or something. Something better than what I just suggested. XD Perhaps you are fine with what you had.

"My flail’s chain tinkled quietly" Where is this flail? Leaning up against the crate he's sitting on, or against a tree? Dangling from a handy-dandy weapons rack? I know it can't be in his hands, because he's holding a knife and a potato at the moment. So unless he has three arms...

"I gave away my position with my voice" I had given away my position...

"the cannibal tribes were at least two days’ worth of travel away from here" How does he know this? Did he see them heading in the opposite direction? Is that where their villages are? Did he get a news bulletin delivered by owl? I thought he hadn't seen any cannibals in 'a long time' so how does he know how far away they are?

"I found my knuckles white around the iron staff of the flail." Good description, but somewhere in there he needs to set down the knife/potato and pick up the flail.

"creating a pitch gloom beneath them" Pitch what? Pitch black? I'm not sure you can just say 'pitch'... And I'm not sure it would be pitch black in the first place. A dark, mottled, greenish gloom? Sure.

"My heart kicked me in the ribcage and I spun around just slow enough as to not violently separate my torso in two." I like the ribcage kickin', but the latter part of this sentence feels a bit odd to me... Oddly phrased. Odd kind of exaggeration... It's just odd. :\

I like the way we can infer what happened when these two met up in the past, but I'd like to know more about this main character. First of all... Is it a boy or a girl? Right now I'm assuming boy, but you never stated that directly, so unless this is an excerpt from the middle of something...

Oooh, it's getting good now. Good job building tension.

"deflect an attack made with a narrow white object, the force of which buckled my knees." Okay, so let me see if I understand what's happening here. He deflects the 'narrow white object', so that doesn't hit him. But when it crashes against... whatever he used to deflect it (the handle of the flail?) there was so much force behind it that his knees buckled as he tried to keep it from driving the flail handle (I'm making the assumption that this is what he's using, since he doesn't really have a shield that we know of) back into his face/chest/whatever. The way you have it right now is - I feel - just a tad confusing, so you may want to clarify a few things.

"Miraculously retaining balance, I whipped the flail around at my attacker’s head as if by reflex, and it struck flesh" Not sure about the use of the word 'miraculously' here. Also, you said his knees buckled. So, did he fall? Right now, the way I'm picturing it, he's driven to his knees while deflecting the blow, and while still kneeling on the ground he whips the flail up and around to hit the attacker's head (this could also build suspense as it puts him in a vulnerable position, where - if Aidan didn't get Alice to stop for a moment, she could very easily kill him). If this isn't how you meant it, and he's still on his feet, then you could probably make that a bit more clear. Also, it's not really 'as if by reflex.' It's by reflex. I assume. So you don't need the 'as if'.

"Groaning, I got off the ground. Aidan had ‘Alice’ give me time to breathe, and I used it to see exactly who my opponent was." Guess he is on the ground, as I pictured. :) So then, he didn't fully retain his balance, or he wouldn't have fallen... Anyway, we already know that Aidan is making Alice give him time to breathe from his dialogue in the prior sentence. So you can pretty much just say that Alice stops, he groans and gets off the ground, taking in the appearance of his opponent. In whatever words you want, of course.

Love the description of Alice. And the way you compared her expression to metal... Good job there.

"Great. Just what I needed to peel my potatoes." I find this line vaguely humorous... Even if I'm not exactly sure what he meant here. XD

"my bones made sounds that bones should not make." :)

"An eternal lightness shot through my veins" :\ Not sure... that this works... Huh.

"the flail now pressed down on my throat, and my hands lay useless at my sides." Surely not at his sides. They might be pinned against the ground on either side of his head, with the handle of the flail pressing against his palms along with his windpipe? Or just above his palms? Basically, I'm having trouble visualizing the jump that his arms seem to make from holding the flail, keeping the claw away from his face, to not holding the flail, and being down by his sides, under the flail(?).

"if for a moment." Just for a moment?

"He was right" About what? What is he saying is a mistake?

Ahhhh... So we're not supposed to know what mistake he's talking about. But still, I think that could be rephrased somehow to make it more clear.

I don't think your battle scenes are legendarily inept at all! ^^ This was rather good in my opinion. Yes, a few things could've been more clear, but all in all it was pretty good. A little polishing, and you could be good to go. Overall, there were a few things that were oddly phrased or unclear, but you should be able to fix those after a few reviews... There were a few issues with the tenses - sang, were singing, etc. I feel like I'm missing some information, but I assume this comes from the middle of something. If it is the beginning of a story, I'd like just a little more information about what's going on.

Then there was the swearing. This part of the review is just an opinion, which is why it comes last, so you can just skip over it if you want, and you retain the right to disagree with me if you want. But I don't appreciate swearing - in real life or stories - and I cringed a little each time. Yes, it tells us a little about the character, but... Couldn't you just do 'he swore' or something? I mean, I know that personally I'm never going to look at a story and say 'There's no swearing in this! Grr, what a rip off.' Maybe that's just me, but... I know I enjoy a story more when I don't come across things like that. *shrugs* It's probably fine, I guess, considering the amount of that you can find floating around nowadays... It's just not for me.

All in all, though, this was good work. :) Not bad. Keep working at it. ;)
"Pay Attention. Pay Close Attention to everything, everything you see. Notice what no one else notices, and you'll know what no one else knows. What you get is what you get. What you do with what you get is more the point. -- Loris Harrow, City of Ember (Movie)

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:13 pm
ashleymae says...

I did like it a lot. Though, I must admit, I think it needs some work to make it better.

All in all, it was good, just not great, which I think you should work on.

I really liked this part.

carbonCore wrote:No answer. Clearly it was not Death himself that came to reap my life, as the birds still happily sang their song, and the morning sun still burned as bright as it should. Not a wolf – they would not attack me if they could get their teeth on a moose, of which there were plenty here. Not a bear, as there were none in Onodama forests, and I wouldn’t hear one coming, anyway. My flail’s chain tinkled quietly, like the smallest wind chime, as the sickle on its end waved back and forth in the wind.

Keep writing and don’t stop!
"Together we fight, no matter the price"

-Harlana and Robin, Sweetest Magic

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:21 am
Azila says...

Hullo.

Alright, so I'm assuming that since you did this as a fight-scene exercise, you aren't really looking for line-by-line nitpicks,but rather you'd like more general overall comments -- right? Well then I'll try not to be too nit-picky, but here are a few little things I noticed:

In fact, I didn’t even put down the knife, or the potato I was cleaning at the time when I heard the sound.
I agree with silentpages -- it seems to me like keeping hold of your knife would be the kind of thing you would do if you were scared, and putting it down would be something you'd do if you weren't, so that confused me a little.

I turned just in time to deflect an attack made with a narrow white object with the handle of my flail, the force of which buckled my knees.
The wording here is a little awkward... it feels like there is too much action jammed into one sentence. Maybe try something more like: "I turned just in time to deflect an attack a narrow white object with the handle of my flail. The attack had such force that blocking it made my knees buckle." Hm... that doesn't sound so fantastic either, does it? :( Well, play with it anyway.

What I saw of her expression was not of rage, nor that of emptiness.
This sounds awkward. I would change the sentence to something like "What I saw of her face did not wear an expression of rage, nor one of emptiness." Or maybe "What I saw of her expression was not rage, nor emptiness." The "...nor that of..." construction sounds too specific for what you're saying. I'm not sure if this makes sense or not, but you need to make it a little more vague, for example: "What I saw of her expression was not one of rage, nor of emptiness." You see? It's because one doesn't refer to emotions as "the expression of rage" (and thus "that of emptiness") but rather "an expression of rage" (and thus "one of emptiness"). That sounds a lot more confusing than it really is -- I'm sorry! My brain is a bit of a mush right now. >.<

Peered, maybe, or inspected. Observed? Anything but stared.
Why? Is it because "stare" has too much of a human connotation and she doesn't seem human enough for it? Is it because she doesn't seem to be looking directly or forcefully enough to count as a start? Or maybe she is looking too hard? I'd like some elaboration here.

I gritted my teeth and pushed hard on the flail, trying to force her off, but nothing came of that. Instead, she brought her right hand to my face – the fingers of which I now saw to be ringed with black metal, the rings connected to each other with a string – and extended her thumb
The underlined bit is pretty unclear. I would give you a suggestion or two, but I'm not sure what it is you want to say. :/

My thought was right, then – neither the strength or the weight of the wraith arm was not hers, it was applied through her force Nature.
That doesn't make sense. I think you should make it "... neither the strength nor the weight of the wraith arm was hers..."
--------------------

Okay... that was interesting. I'm not much for fight-scenes, to tell you the truth, and I probably wouldn't have reviewed it if it weren't you who had written it! It's not that it's badly done, it's just that I usually think of fight-scenes as one of those things that is unfortunately necessary in certain types of novels. I usually skim over them, unless they are very creatively done with interesting weapons/warfare or important character voices. To your credit, I think this piece has both. But, frankly, I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish. Is this meant simply to be an exercise in fight-writing? If so, I'm not sure how I can help because the whole point of an exercise is just for the practice of writing it. But on the other hand, if you want it to be a real short story (flash-fiction plotless scene kind of thing) then I think I can help, and if you work on revising it that will probably help your fight-writing skills.

Either way, here is my main complaint: it's rather confusing. The whole thing goes by in a flash of barely-introduced characters, world-building, medieval weapons, and blood. I couldn't really tell what the action was because it was hard for me to tell what the things that were being referenced were. I'm still not sure I understand what a hepatizon core is (in this context) or what "Nature" is (I'm not even sure if it's an adjective or a noun...) or what the cannibal tribes are, or what Daenan's relationship to them is. And what's up with all those back-characters; Eva, Ean, Ugor, Zakh-Zvei, Rina, etc. What is the point of them for the sake of the story? Who is this Michael fellow, and why does our hero hate him so much?
I feel like if you want this to just be a fight scene, you should get rid of all of this "extra" stuff. However, if you want to write a story, lessen up a little on the blow-by-blow and give us more depth into this world you've created.

Also, no matter which route you take with this piece, I think your main character should be fleshed out. That doesn't necessarily mean I think you should add more personal background and such -- I just think you should take advantage of the first-person to let the readers into Daenan's thoughts. Show us what he is thinking, rather than just reporting his actions. Does he have a strategy in his head? Is he confused? Does he have a lot of experience fighting before? This is stuff I should be able to pick up on just by the narrative, whether you make this about the fight scene or about the story.

Okay, I hope this doesn't sound too harsh! The piece just feels a little rougher than other things I've read from you, and I'm not sure what you intended by it. Plus I'm tired, rather brain-dead, in a bad mood, and not really a fan of violent fiction. So all in all, I'm probably not the person to review this (and this probably isn't the time for me to do it!) but I hope you find something helpful somewhere in here. And once again, please don't take it too harshly.

As always, let me know if I was unclear about anything!

a

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Wed May 04, 2011 4:50 am
charcoalspacewolfman says...

Well, it seems to me your style of doing battle is by suspense. I mean, if you're going for fast-paced action, you don't appear to do that particularly well. Like what was it that happened when he thought he had the upper hand and was suddenly blown back? I didn't quite understand that. I suppose I can sort of understand why there's not a lot of explanation, since at the beginning of that paragraph it does say it all happened so fast.
But that's really about all I didn't understand. The rest pretty much filled in on its own, though. I think your action scene went pretty well. I mean, it wasn't as if there was a lot going on, but I could feel the tension and I was reading as fast as i could so I didn't miss anything, but I really wanted to know what happened! Argh! Is he gonna die or not?!
Yes I did read the end. I'm not actually asking that question, that's just how I felt in that moment. It was tense and suspenseful.
So basically, I think you're more cut out for Hitchcock, less for Tarantino.
HMS Tragedy?! We should-we should have known!!!

Reviews: 1
Thu May 05, 2011 5:50 pm
writersrock says...

Okay, first, I want to say, you are a great writer. Just remember, even the greatest writers have something to improve on.

Okay, so I know that a lot of people have already said this, but I am saying it again, It doesn't make sense to say that you didn't even put down your knife. Generally, when someone is scared, they keep hold of it or tighten their grip on the knife, if not even pick one up.

And I always though you washed potatoes in a bowl of hot water, not with a knife, but to each their own, I guess.

Just work on the points everyone has pointed out, and you'll do great! It's good to take constructive criticism, It's great to help you get even better

Have a nice day, and continue writing!

Kayla
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"... Writing is basically the same thing, but more fun.

There is a difference between being poor and being broke: broke is temporary; poor is eternal.
— Robert Kiyosaki