z

Young Writers Society

Writing Challenge 11/07: A Four to Stand Article

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:48 am
Mighty Aphrodite says...

This fake news article is for this week's writing challenge! If you don't understand it, read my book, Four to Stand, which is almost posted in its entirety on this website!

PITTSBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA: Four Teenagers Show Signs of Supernatural Ability

Today, millions of people crowded around their televisions sets to watch a broadcast that may change the world as we know it today.

Four teenagers – Landon Jameson, Jonas Gonzales, Ness Parazzi, and Max McCloud – were caught on tape Wednesday evening using what can only be described as “supernatural powers.”

“I couldn’t believe my eyes,” newscaster Penny Wallace told us during our interview. “Paul [the cameraman] and I were filming about the development of the new Waterfront shopping area, when we saw a big flash of light behind me.”

That big flash of light turned out to be huge – after all, it left the teenagers exposed. It’s not every day that a person sees someone shoot a fireball out of their hand or throw a person without touching them.

“They fled the scene after killing this…thing,” Officer John Eugene, who arrived at the scene moments later, reported. “It looked like some kind of angel, only it was all black. Really, it may have been the most frightening thing I’ve ever seen – and trust me, I’ve seen a lot after twenty years on the police force.”

The FBI was called into action shortly after. “We had evidence of some kind of superhuman ability on tape,” Officer Eugene informed us. “We didn’t know how dangerous these kids were, or what they were.”

Unfortunately, we are still waiting for some kind of an explanation from the four teenagers.

“They are in the custody of the FBI,” Officer Eugene said. “And they are considered armed and dangerous. However, they seem to be working well with the FBI, even though we haven’t heard any further developments.”

The FBI refused to comment on the issue until a later date.

“I always knew she was some kind of freak,” Claire Horowitz, the stepsister of Ness Parazzi, commented. “I mean, all you had to do was look at her and her creepy friends. They just don’t match, you know? But I never thought it would be this bad.”

Soon after giving her comment, Ms. Horowitz was pulled inside of her house by her father, who would not comment.

Further developments of this story will be released as soon as more information is acquired.
Last edited by Mighty Aphrodite on Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"lovers alone wear sunlight." -e e cummings

"A well-behaved woman rarely makes history." -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

"Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody."
-Mark Twain

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:34 am
Sureal says...

This could actually work as a side piece to your actual story :).

Oh, and the title is messed up - that happens with long ones, it cuts off the end.

EDIT: And it should be 11/07, not 10/07 ;).
I wrote the above just for you.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:56 pm
Mighty Aphrodite says...

Ah ha...I knew that I wrote 10/07, not 11/07! Shoulda checked it!

Thanks for letting me know about the title, too. It's not as exciting as before, but ah well...what can ya do? lol.

Thanks again!!!

<~>Jen<~>
"lovers alone wear sunlight." -e e cummings

"A well-behaved woman rarely makes history." -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

"Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody."
-Mark Twain

"For a short space of time I remained at the window watching the pallid lightnings that played above Mont Blanc and listening to the rushing of the Arve, which pursued its noise way beneath. The same lulling sounds acted as a lullaby to my too keen sensations; when I placed my head upon my pillow, sleep crept over me; I felt it as it came and blessed the giver of oblivion."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein