z

Young Writers Society

Little Girl, Not a Little Girl

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:15 pm
Rei says...

Last edited by Rei on Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:40 pm
Incandescence says...

Grammatically, there are few spots where you messed up, but nothing that's going to devastate this piece. The work itself is obviously not directed to a younger audience, who would give up reading it half way through because of the esoteric purveyance of your point. You could be a little more clear in the presentation, as well. IF, that's what you want. Somehow, though, I doubt you were truly striving for a younger audience's eyes. Personally, I liked this. Although, I usually like your pieces, because they're almost always moving and strangely personal. Very good job.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

685 Reviews

Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:02 pm
Rei says...

Of course it wasn't written for kids. It was written for a community theatre project I was in last year. The play was about young women and the problems we face, as well as why things change for some, and not others, as well as what makes every young woman's experience different. Perhaps anything that was unclear was because this was written for the stage. Since this does lack the visuals of the performance, where you actually see my struggle with those trying to keep me in that world of pretend, it does lose something.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:23 pm
Nic Cobb says...

I can completely relate to the message of the story. There are errors, but they are very minor typos and do not affect the quality of the piece. I also understand that the lack of visuals does create a problem, but it is still a strong piece.

What did I do during lunch and recess? Where did I go all by myself? Naria, Faerie, Avalon, Middle Earth. You name it, I've been there. Even made up a few of my own places and dreamed up this idea of meeting a unicorn.

This is exactly how I feel. You get the emotions of a young woman down exactly. This is a great, original piece that is uniquely moving.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:37 am
Elelel says...

It touched me too

Of course I walked away. How could I now. i don't know why others like me didn't. All I knew was that I couldn't just sit there and watch while the other kids plays with their friends and I was alone.

That's me all over.

I love it how you used the unicorn again in the end. I don't want to point out bits where you didn't use capital letters or misspelt things, it would spoil it for me.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:19 pm
Kochan says...

:shock: there were some misspellings in that? i didn't even notice....

Very well done. It was interesting, and gave me those lines i can never make out when i watch the movie. ^__^

685 Reviews

Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:16 pm
Rei says...

I entered this into a monologue-writing contest. What do you think my chances are?
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:10 pm
Akisha says...

This is quite good, apart from a few little mistakes. I reckon you'd have a good chance in the contest. :)

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:23 pm
hekategirl says...

This was beutiful, you have a very good chance of winning, Rei. So many people can relate to this. I like how you use the same qoute at the end and beginning. Very good. Hope ya win!
***Honorary 11-Year-Old***

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:50 am
Writersdomain says...

Wow, this was great. I loved this, Rei! As stated above, there were a few spelling and grammatical errors that could be patched up, but other than that, I loved it. Nicely done
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

685 Reviews

Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:26 pm
Rei says...

Thanks for you support, everyone. I really hope I win. I also submitted the monologue in my play. But I won't know for a few more months if I win. I think the winners' issue comes out in October. The prize is $500!
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:39 pm
Meshugenah says...

oh my gosh.. Rei, this is great. I think what Brad said pretty much sums everything up, too.

I'd love to see this on-stage..
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:34 am
Calibur says...

It is very well written I belive it has a very good chance of winning.
The only blog where you can come in but you can't come out bwahahahaha..........just go there okay. forum/weblog.php?w=163

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:01 pm
Beethoven says...

Short of the afore mentioned spelling errors, I really loved this. Just the overall feel. As stated by others, this was me all over! I just really felt touched by this.

We should think about things like careers, university, dating. But that's just not who I am. No matter how old I get, I can't let it go. And I know I'm going to meet that unicorn for real one day.

This is just so poignant to me. ^_^

Just brilliant. I think you've just captured every fantasy author's thoughts.
Your existence is overbearing.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:05 am
Snoink says...

Pretty good! I like it.

Even so, I'm going to point out all the tyops.

I thought I was useless, that I didn't eserve any better.

Well, now I know differently. everything...

How could I not?.

Yep. Big time nitpicking... ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

One fish, two fish, red fish, aardvark.
— alliyah