z

Young Writers Society

The Forgotten Tale

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:35 pm
Nate says...

Gaia wrote:I wasn't intending to be mean, unless you're the type of people, who thinks "Hell", is a bad word. :/

Plus it's hard for me to be nice with the atmosphere of this forum. -_-;

Meh.

When it's used in that manner, yes, "hell" is a bad word.

You published your story here to receive input. If you don't agree with the input, that's fine. But jumping down the throats of other people who took the time out of their day to respond to your piece is destructive only to you. In the future, people will think twice about reviewing anything by you.

This is a warning. Do not use foul language again.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:57 pm
Roaming Shadow says...

Hey Gaia, now, I agree that some of the comments could have been worded better, such as, "Going over the story, the prologue doesn't seem to add anything to the story. Consider revising or find a different way to integrate it into the story". However, being argumentative, insulting, and swearing at people is only going to make you look bad. It'll make people think, "Well, isn't he just a little a**" :? . If you don't like a critique, IGNORE IT! Then, just be patient and wait for a more constructive critique. It may take a week, or more, but I'm sure you'll get at least one, and likely more than one.

Just relax and have patience. Think of the phrase "The customer is always right". Now, don't take it too literally, but it is more or less right. Think about it. Okay? :wink:

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:51 pm
Gaia says...

I believe anyone who thinks "Hell" is a bad word, is a person who's scared of hell.

Plus of ever hear of this motto, "I'm an ass, and I'm proud of it"?

Plus jumping down people's throats is a lot of fun. :]

Meh, this forum is in horrible need of a reality check. *Headdesk*

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:18 pm
Gazza_14 says...

Well, you've made a great first impression.
And this is the last thing i'll post on here, as it is off-topic, but it is not the forum is need of a reality check. You just didn't react well to the crit and know people will be wary of commenting on your work in the future. This forum, i think you'll find, is a great place for improving your work, if you are willing to adapt. If you are not, well, don't let the door hit you on the way out :P
Stop. Look. Jive!

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:31 pm
Roaming Shadow says...

Gaia, I don't think this site is the place for you. In fact, based on what I've read of your posts, I can't even figure out why you are here. No, seriously, I have no idea. Just why are you here?

And be careful of the door on the way out (as it will likely be slammed rather forcefully).

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:48 pm
Poor Imp says...

Roaming Shadow wrote:Gaia, I don't think this site is the place for you. In fact, based on what I've read of your posts, I can't even figure out why you are here. No, seriously, I have no idea. Just why are you here?

And be careful of the door on the way out (as it will likely be slammed rather forcefully).

Ah, Shadow -- not necassary. Whether YWS works out for Gaia or no there needn't be any silly display of hard feelings - on either side.

--

And Gaia: 'hell' is just one word, used to curse/swear, and on YWS the rules say it's not appropriate in a response to a critique.
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:56 pm
Gaia says...

Poor_Imp wrote:
Roaming Shadow wrote:Gaia, I don't think this site is the place for you. In fact, based on what I've read of your posts, I can't even figure out why you are here. No, seriously, I have no idea. Just why are you here?

Ah, Shadow -- not necassary. Whether YWS works out for Gaia or no there needn't be any silly display of hard feelings - on either side.

--

And Gaia: 'hell' is just one word, used to curse/swear, and on YWS the rules say it's not appropriate in a response to a critique.

Actually Shadow is the second person I respect now, he's the second person who actually has a bit of a back bone in this forum, the first being Gannon. Who absolutely hates me, for me just being alive. Which is true. :]

I don't go out the door, I go out the window I broke into the first place. xD

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425

There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
— W. Somerset Maugham