z

Young Writers Society

Help ! (my old stories)

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:36 pm
Torpid says...

I need ideas for this story i did a while ago called Atlantean, its about some guys, on the ocean floor, etc.
It didn't really get a lot of replies so i didn't write very much more of it.
I'd like to write a 3rd part on it and then decide if i wanna do it anymore but it's been a long time since i wrote it and i dont know what to do next...Help would be nice, if you could read some of them and then tell me what you think.

Thanx,
~Torpid

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:16 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Okie. I went and read Atlantean 1 and 2.
Your plot is fastmoving and interesting, which is good. If you spent more time describing (I'll say this again and again until I am happy), it would be longer and more satisfying.
As for a 3rd part...hm...
Originally you started building on the Atlantean Vs. Murchall relations. In the second part you moved off that. Since the Atlantean world has yet to be fully formed, I might suggest that your third part be a look at the Atlantean society itself. So far you have made them look like fighters, yet you said they were civilized. Expanding on who they are as a people is very important.
You could also do the same with the Murchall's. They are obviously intelligent if not civilized. A comparison by means of describing a day in both society's would go far towards evolving the plot.
On the other hand, you have yet to show the end goal. Where is this story going. So far you have a plot, but I haven't yet seen the hints at where everything is going. If you expanded on certain characters then it would be easier to recognize them as main characters. Where are they all going, why? What is the whole story about?

You story is amazing and has alot of potential. If you decide you're not going to continue it that would be a bit dissapointing, especially since you have so much here. I really like this story so if you need any help describing, plotting, you name it, let me know. I absolutely love the whole concept so far. ^_^

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:17 pm
Torpid says...

Thanks a bunch!, i think i'll write about a Murchall who will become the Atlantean groups nemesis and in the process i'll be describing their wicked world. Also, the 2nd part ends with Them all outside the city gates so once they step inside, let the description begin, sound cool?
~Torpid

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:29 am
Sleeping Valor says...

Sounds good. Looking forward to it. The bad guys are always important, so make sure his goals are very clear and the reason why he is bad isn't obvious, that way people can only guess at why he is evil. Write on!

Congratulations!
— Magestorrrow