z

Young Writers Society

The Flowers Have Seams

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:51 pm
View Likes
THsavedme says...

um i didnt really know where to put this, soo i put it here haha. i havnt posted on here in a really really long time, and this is kinda something i would want to branch off and turn into a story i guess, but yea here it is haha.

-------------
I drove the blade into her neck, feeling fresh blood run down my murderous hands. There was oddly no struggle, and as I looked down on her face, my own face, I saw what looked like the slightest smile. Then, in the darkest corner of the room I spotted a silhouette, one that had become very familiar to me these past few days.
"well done"
He said his charming voice ringing through the room. As he emerged from the darkness he seemed even more beautiful then I last remembered. His eyes, glowing the brightest shade of green, slowly turned the darkest blood red. I tried to move toured him but something was holding me back. Only when I looked down did I noticed the chains wrapped around my ankles. The ends were moving closer and closer until I felt the icy cold metal on my skin, then with horror I felt them break through and as I screamed in agony I felt them fuse to my bones. A rattle came from her body, and as I looked over I saw chains attached to her, that I had not seen before. As her chains detached from her making a sharp noise as they hit the floor I realized her chains were no longer hers, but mine. As another pare attached themselves to my arms I looked at Adrian for help, but he simply smiled at my screams.
"you wanted to believe so badly"
He said as he gestured toured the window. And only then did he let me see the bars. What I thought had been a bright room was shown to be decayed and dark, and simply poorly hidden. I gazed in horror out the window dreading what I'd see. I realized what I thought were healthy living trees were just brown leaves painted green. And as regret washed over me, that the flowers had seams.
"This song is really a love song, its to fight against
everything against the storm, and against the monsoon
and to do everything for your love."-Bill Kaulitz <3-

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:03 pm
sarebear says...

Hello there,

This was very clever--I love the way you tied the end back to the title. I do have nitpicks:

I drove the blade into her neck, feeling fresh blood run down my murderous hands. There was oddly no struggle, and as I looked down on her face, my own face,huh? I saw what looked like the slightest smile. Then, in the darkest corner of the room I spotted a silhouette, one that had become very familiar to me these past few days.

"Well done," he said, his charming voice ringing through the room. As he emerged from the darkness he seemed even more beautiful than I remembered. His eyes, glowing the brightest shade of green, slowly turned the darkest blood red. I tried to move towards him but something was holding me back. Only when I looked down did I noticed the chains wrapped around my ankles. The ends were moving closer and closer until I felt the icy cold metal on my skin, then with horror I felt them break through and as I screamed in agony they fused to my bones. A rattle came from her body, and as I looked over I saw chains attached to her, that I had not seen before. As her chains detached from her,making a sharp noise as they hit the floor, I realized that her chains were no longer hers, but mine. As another pair attached themselves to my arms I looked at Adrian for help, but he simply smiled at my screams.

"You wanted to believe so badly," he said as he gestured toured the window. And only then did he let me see the bars. What I thought had been a bright room was shown to be decayed and dark, and simply, poorly hidden. I gazed in horror out the window dreading what I'd see. I realized what I had thought were healthy living trees were just brown leaves painted green. And as regret washed over me, that the flowers had seams.

As I said before, I really liked the ending. This is pretty vague and you could definitely go somewhere with it, or just leave it as is :). Thanks for the read!

Sare
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll eat for a lifetime. Talk to a hungry man about fish, and you're a psychologist.

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:43 pm
ZannaShepherd says...

This beginning has great potential! I like how you had the character see herself, and the vagueness of it, makes me definitely want to read more. sarebear already did the proof reading, so not much to go on there, just make sure to clean it up, and keep up the great work!
In order to write about life, first you must live it!

Ernest Hemingway

Hmm, must be why I only write fantasy, that's the only life I've ever lived.
~Zanna

Reviews: 2
Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:08 pm
ViVA says...

Hi!

I think Sarebear pretty much covered everything. But what stood out to me (and I think this is just nitpicking) was, "A rattle came from her body...". Maybe this is just me not paying enough attention, but I was pulled out of the story because it took me a second to connect the "her" in question to the woman who the main character just killed. I would suggest changing the wording a bit.

The story overall is great, even if it's pretty vague. Your descriptions, however, are outstanding.

~ViVA

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:30 pm
THsavedme says...

Thank you for all your reviews! I will be sure to fix it up and maybe even write more branching off of this. =]
"This song is really a love song, its to fight against
everything against the storm, and against the monsoon
and to do everything for your love."-Bill Kaulitz <3-

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:51 pm
LiverTeaTime says...

Sarebear seems to have already handled the grammatical and spelling aspects well, so I'm just going to go on to my overall feel of the piece. :)
For the most part, I do like it. It wasn't too much for a reader to handle in one take, and at the same time tells a short little scene well. There's not too much gore to outweigh the length of it, which is nice. That being said, I do hope you in the end choose to expand it, as it seems that's what this piece is meant to be...a short story or even an expansion into a novella or novel.
Oh, and I do enjoy that you incorporated the title in. Occasionally an author does that and it appears a bit clunky, but you pulled it off well.
As I committed my crimes in a darkened room
A bird flew by, and saw what I'd done, it set up a nest outside.
And he sang about what I'd become...sang so loud, sang so clear.
I was afraid all the neighbors would hear.

So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install a lovely bookcase on the wall.
— Roald Dahl