z

Young Writers Society

Vampires

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:26 am
Alice says...

Close your eyes,” Morris said. She wouldn’t take her eyes off him. “I think you shall be pleasantly surprised, I swear I shall not hurt you.” he moved over and put his arm around her waist, reluctantly she closed her eyes. “Don’t be afraid, I can’t hurt you.”
“Can’t? Well what’s the difference?”
“All in good time my Averill.” She felt like he was picking her up, but there was no strain on her arms. “Open your eyes,” he whispered into her ear. She opened them and looked down. They were floating over the town.
Averill gasped and clung to Morris. “How are you doing this?”
“Well I just pulled you up, and I was hoping that you would be able to hold yourself up. But if you’re freaked it doesn’t work. We best go down before we fall.”
Slowly they lowered themselves top of the building. Even though they were safely on the top Averill still refused to let go. Morris didn’t fight her hard enough to make her let go.
I just lost the game.

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:21 am
writergirl007 says...

This is good...it is just really short! No background, no character foundation...no nothing! So...please lengthen. I do realize, however, you would like everyone's thoughts first. Please elaborate however. As for the story itself...

"Slowly they lowered themselves top of the building."
You need "to in here after theselves.

Also...your last line does not make sense! Please elaborate on that! Writergirl P.S.-I thought this was a great start and can't wait to read more!
"It is better to save than to destroy, and that justice is most righteous which is tempered by mercy." Mark Twain

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:25 am
Kay Kay says...

Interesting. I'm slightly confused but it seems to be a good way to catch the readers attention.
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:36 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

Interesting start, though there are quite a few instances where you don't capitalize when you need to. Just tighten that up and I think you'll have a good tale on your hands :)

LUNA
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:34 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

Nice; Though I'm guessing this is just an excerpt from the full document? If it isn't It needs to be fleshed out, and more explaining and description must be added. The whole little writing tidbit lacks depth, and leaves the reader confused as to what is going on. It shows potential, some of the dialogue could use some potential (first paragraph mostly).

Also a description of the characters would be nice (later on, doesn't have to be now), because i would think that most people if they found themselves floating would freak out more (she apparently does this, but it needs a little more description; try describing what they are floating over and how high they are, maybe Averill's facial expression).

Thats my two bits.

Cheers,
DQ
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

As the notifications drift in I stop and wonder. Why do they take so long? Do they have adventures we don't know about? I bet they do. When they come I will ask myself. What amazing adventure has this straggling notification been on? How far did it travel, and why didn't it take me?
— TypoWithoutCoffee