z

Young Writers Society

Little Girl, Not a Little Girl

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:16 pm
Rei says...

Is "pretty good" really the sort of phrase you want to use a exclamation point with?
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

685 Reviews

Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:12 am
Rei says...

I really don't know how I feel about saying this yet, but I think I may have found my unicorn.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:16 am
soccerfreak2516 says...

I love this!

What did I do during lunch and recess? Where did I go all by myself? Naria, Faerie, Avalon, Middle Earth. You name it, I've been there. Even made up a few of my own places and dreamed up this idea of meeting a unicorn

and

We should think about things like careers, university, dating. But that's just not who I am. No matter how old I get, I can't let it go. And I know I'm going to meet that unicorn for real one day.

really stand out for me. They're some of those lines that I (and many others) can relate to. I like how you brought the unicorn back in the last sentence. It's brings everything together really well.

Keep up the great work, and good luck in your contest!
Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics.

Life is a comedy for those who think

685 Reviews

Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:08 am
Rei says...

Oh yes, I have definitely found my unicorn in Mike.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:47 am
Snoink says...

:D

For me, pretty good is just as good as it gets. The only higher stage is, "Awesome."
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:40 am
Sohini says...

you and i share the same avattar.i,m obsessed with cats-really crazy about them!are u??here's what i think of your writing:
:wink: Fantastic! Touchy writing for fantasy-lovers like us.
The first bit is a bit too vague and a bit difficult to understand.
Could u please explain the part ‘bout “Underground”?
Know what? I’ll tell u a secret- I have a pet unicorn, just a seven month uni-foal. She’s really pretty and come by in the land of “Feirg” and u can meet her.
I think you should add a‘d’ to the “eserve” in the 2nd sentence.
I’m a temporary resident of MIDDLE EARTH too!!
I’m sure I’ll feel the same way you do when I’m of your age.
Let us know the contest results. Wish you luck.
**In case you were wondering where “Feirg” is, then u’ll have to wait a while. It’s a place in the fantasy novel I’m writing. It’ll take a decade to finish and another decade to get it published. We share the same dream, don’t we??** :wink:
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

685 Reviews

Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:41 am
Rei says...

I never did win that conest. Oh well. OSAP and help from my mom has proven enough until I get a job for the summer. And my unicorn and I are moving in at the end of the school year when we have to move out of the residence.

Random avatar

Reviews: 212
Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:22 pm
timjim77 says...

I guess it's a girl thing, because I didn't get this. I understood the cncept, but I just didn't find it at all moving or even worthwhile. I would love to be enlightened on why many people find this piece to be wonderful and moving. Thanks.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:21 pm
View Likes
_fallingstar_ says...

*stares at above comment* We'll just ignore him. :wink:

I loved this piece... It should have won! :(

What did I do during lunch and recess? Where did I go all by myself? Naria, Faerie, Avalon, Middle Earth. You name it, I've been there. Even made up a few of my own places and dreamed up this idea of meeting a unicorn.

That quote really struck me, because that's exactly what I did in the elementary-junior high years. That was also back when I was called 'Harry Potter's girlfriend' by my peers because I wore almost prefectly round glasses and was the first Harry Potter fan in my grade. But enough of that. I think that this monologue speaks for the shy, childlike bookworm in all of us. I mean, weren't all writers this way once, with books as their only friends? If you haven't experienced this, than maybe that's why you can't grasp why so many people like this. It's brilliant. It speaks to our childhood.
My high school senior mascot is a dragon. Take that, monkey!

Blackle.com--saving energy one search at a time.

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Wed May 10, 2006 3:22 pm
Dream Deep says...

This was wonderful. I really loved it, well written; very well done.

:D

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Wed May 10, 2006 8:35 pm
Alteran says...

I thought it was great. Other than the typos i think it stood a good chance. It really expresses how a fantasy writers thoughts are hard to share cause sometimes they can be considered crazy. I know mine are. A job well done in my mind. Make sure you hold onto this. you might be able to use it in the future.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

685 Reviews

Wed May 10, 2006 9:10 pm
Rei says...

For sure. Considering what my Michael (A.K.A. Unicorn) means to me, I'll be hanging on to this for a long time.

Poetry and prayer are very similar.
— Carol Ann Duffy