z

Young Writers Society

Apocalypse: Snoink's Rampage

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat May 06, 2006 4:01 am
Jiggity says...

I'm writing this just for fun. This is the Prologue.
The Triplet Moons shone red and the very world cried out in agony, as her Oinkiness, Snoink, waged war for the Throne of the Animal Kingdom- An excerpt from A Collected History of the Great Pink War.

A cold wind swept through the desolate field, rustling leaves, bloodies weapons and the dead. Broken, bleeding bodies were scattered every where. Stark, barren trees reached beseechingly to the stars, bemoaning their pain as their long time companions’ blood soaked into them. Squirrels; their small furry bodies, matted with blood, carpeted the valley. And only rarely was a great, big pig’s corpse glimpsed; a mountain buried beneath a multitude of squirrels. Such scenes were becoming common as the Pink Terror swept onwards, cutting swathes through the animal world.

Presently a light appeared, atop a hill overlooking the scene. A pair of huge, menacing timber wolves appeared there—easily twice the size of any normal timber wolf— glowglobe floating above them; illuminating their sleek, muscled forms and scarred muzzles as they surveyed the scene below.

“So, the Pigs have made their move.” One noted in a gravelly voice, almost growling in anger.

“It was to be expected,” said the other, a female. “Yet nothing could be done, Thorn. Worry not, for their day will come.”

“Not so soon, Thera.” Interjected the first. “It was thought that they’d have at least a little decency and allow for the mating season to run its course.”

To this she said nothing. After a period of silence, filled with nothing but the buzz of compressed fireflies, she spoke again.

“Squirrels can be surprisingly ferocious when roused,” mused Thera, “I’m guessing they were taken by surprise here…and yet still they took some of the pigs down. No mean feat that.”

“Indeed. After this, Seaera, the First Squirrel, will be our staunchest allies on the Great Council” he said “We must rally our people and prepare them for war against Snoink’s subjects even as we, the Firsts, prepare.”

As one the two giant wolves, threw back their heads and howled. The howl gathered force, seemed to become a tangible thing in itself, it shook the very floor; it was a call to war, a wail of loss, and roar of anger all in one. The clouds parted and there beaming a sinister red, the Triplet Moons shone, painting the scene in a bloody shade.

Thera and Thorn, the First Wolves, stood mute and watched as an ancient prophecy came to fruition before their eyes and the Apocalypse began.
Last edited by Jiggity on Sun May 07, 2006 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat May 06, 2006 4:17 am
Snoink says...

*grins smugly*

I always knew I would be the start of the apocalypse! w00t!

Er... yeah.

I'll show you what death really is later... when I critique the story. ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Sun May 07, 2006 12:17 am
Prosithion says...

OK, this story was so stupid it was funny. I think you could have described the main "characters a bit more, but then, that's just me.
I liked it for its simplicity ,but I won't want to get into a war with Snoink. :pig:
"wub wub wub wub. Now Zoidberg is the popular one."

"Computer... Captain's musk"

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun May 07, 2006 2:08 am
Jiggity says...

Lol, that was the idea. And the main character(s) hasnt been introduced yet. That was the prologue.

Other people featuring, so far, in this epic battle for the world: fishr (Mermaid Queen) and Phoenix as Phoenix.

Oooh, Im going to enjoy this.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Sun May 07, 2006 4:44 pm
Dream Deep says...

Ah, JigSaw, this was good. I personally loved it and I'll look forward to reading the rest.

8) _/) :pig: :pig: :pig:

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun May 07, 2006 10:15 pm
_fallingstar_ says...

It's awesome because it's about Snoink! :pig:
My high school senior mascot is a dragon. Take that, monkey!

Blackle.com--saving energy one search at a time.

It's hard to enjoy practical jokes when your whole life feels like one.
— Rick Riordan, The Last Olympian