z

Young Writers Society

CATTAPILLAR. the uncut version

Random avatar

Reviews: 44
Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:51 pm
Dynasty cow says...

Only one thing stood between me and the approaching cattapillar . my sword. I tried to slice the evil thing but it was two small I missed every time, i tried to run but I soon realized it was too fast , I went through my wepons, a knife , a blade , a poiseness gas grenade of course the grenade . I took it out of one of the compatments on my belt , I hurtled it at
the green worm . Soon purpel gas sprayed out of the hole in the top of the grenade , I felt it burn down my throwt and poisen my lungs , in my dying breath one thought passed through my mind 'I had done it , I had killed the beast'.

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:27 pm
*Twilight* says...

Only one thing stood between me and the approaching Caterpillar . My sword. I tried to slice the evil thing but it was two small I missed every time, I tried to run but I soon realized it was too fast , I went through my weapons, a knife , a blade , a poisionous gas grenade of course the grenade . I took it out of one of the compartments on my belt , I hurtled it at
the green worm . Soon purple gas sprayed out of the hole in the top of the grenade , I felt it burn down my throat and poision my lungs , in my dying breath one thought passed through my mind 'I had done it , I had killed the beast'.

I ran this through the spell checker and fixed a few things.
On the second sentence you forgot to capatalize the m in "My" and there were a few misspelled words.

but it was two small

The proper word to use in this sentence would be "too" as in: I could not beat him in the race because he was too fast. The word you used was two as in the number 2.

You seem to come up with many stories and this is a good thing that means you can think up many ideas. But, if you think hard enough you can apply every one of your ideas into one big story. That way you don't have to trash all of your old ones.
Hire people to crit your work! Get paid to crit other people's work!
The YWS crit shop: forum/viewtopic.php?t=8018

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:53 pm
Joeducktape says...

Okay, there sould be commas before the "buts" and more periods. Otherwise you have a junked up run-on sentence.

Ex: I tried to slice through the evil thing, but it was too small, and I missed every time. I tried to run, but I soon realized the Caterpillar was too fast. I went through my weapons: a knife, a blade, a poisonous gas grenade.... Of course! The grenade!

Notice in the above sentence I used "Caterpillar" instead of "it" again. While using pronouns is good, you shouldn't use them too much, since it looses the reader.

This makes it flow a lot better. Also, in the next sentence, there should be an "and" after that comma, instead of an "I". You also put hurtled, which usually is used when talking about the object in motion, but when talking about the person throwing it, use "hurled". This makes much more sense.

Ex: I took it out of one of the compartments on my belt, and hurled it at the green worm.

That last sentence should be several sentences! Once again Dynasty: run-on's loose the reader.

'I had done it, I had killed the beast.'

Okay, even if you're writing in the past tense, thoughts will not be in past tense.

'I have done. I've killed the beast.'

Hope that helps!
Check my new and improved blog:

weblog.php?w=764

[/shameless plug]

Random avatar

Reviews: 44
Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:11 pm
Dynasty cow says...

can any one just read this and comment on the story and not on the mistakes , cause i havent masterd spell check yet

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:32 pm
Joeducktape says...

You haven't really given us anything to read yet! Its only a couple paragraphs. In order to decide on whether or not we like the story, we need to know more about it. Try posting more next time.
Check my new and improved blog:

weblog.php?w=764

[/shameless plug]

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:26 pm
*Twilight* says...

Yes, if you want your story to to really get a reader's attention try including more than just one paragraph.
Hire people to crit your work! Get paid to crit other people's work!
The YWS crit shop: forum/viewtopic.php?t=8018

205 Reviews

Reviews: 205
Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:51 pm
PsyLynx says...

it's too short to get me to care. I care about characters once I get to know them. It's just a moment of something larger, of an entire world....it's like saying, "there was a car and it exploded"...and saying that that's an entire story, but it isn't. Why is there a huge catterpillar? What is the spelling of catterpillar, now that I'm all messed up on it?

etcetera.

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:46 pm
Swires says...

I must admit the story, well if thats what it is, is rather short. Usual short stories are int eh range of 500 to 2000 words. Try adding more description and lengthen the plot. Perhaps a few writing workshops?
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:12 am
Killer-Ewok says...

Just out of interest, why was a boy/man trying to kill a catapillar???
it seems kind of pointless, unless its a giant man-eating catapillar :lol:

Uh, Lisa, the whole reason we have elected officials is so we don't have to think all the time. Just like that rainforest scare a few years back: our officials saw there was a problem and they fixed it, didn't they?
— Homer Simpson