z

Young Writers Society

fat goblins

Random avatar

Reviews: 44
Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:06 pm
Dynasty cow says...

The short fat goblin stared up at the star invested sky , he wandered what it would be like to be one of the cool goblins , like Mugyun , he's cool ,so's travy ...his body alone makes the girl goblins blush . But Ugrub was'nt cool he was short for his age , dangerlously obese and had social issues . He couldent talk to some one for more than two minutes before bringing the subject of rocks up . Ugrub collected rocks , in his eyes thay were fantasticly smooth objects or huge rough bolders , why did no one else collect them , they were perfect .

Ugrubs parents abandoned him when he was three , he dosent know why but the his freinds say its cause hes an ugly turd that bores anyone within a five meter radious to death . He had forgiven his so called freinds even as the words left there lips , he would put up with any thing to have some one to hang around

shall i continue on this story to make it a ten page novel , i know its kinda cheesy but itll improve

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:33 pm
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

yes continue, this shows some great potential, poor ugrub, i used to have a rock collection, now that i think about it i still have it lol.
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:17 am
Jiggity says...

YOur story needed severe editing so I went ahead and did it; I hope you don't mind.
Stop putting spaces before full stops and commas.
[pre] The short fat goblin stared up at the star infested sky, he wondered what it would be like to be one of the cool goblins, like Mugyun , he's cool ,so's travy ...his body alone makes the girl goblins blush. But Ugrub wasn't cool, he was short for his age, dangerlously obese and had social issues. He couldn't talk to someone for more than two minutes before bringing the subject of rocks up. Ugrub collected rocks, in his eyes thay were fantasticly smooth objects or huge rough bolders. He often wondered why no one else collect them; they were perfect. [/pre]

[pre]Ugrub's parents abandoned him when he was three , he doesn't know why but his freinds say its cause he's an ugly turd that bores anyone, within a five meter radious, to death . He had forgiven his so called friends even as the words left their lips, he would put up with any thing to have some one to hang around with.
[/pre]
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:49 am
J. Haux says...

Cheesy's not always bad. It can be fun! :wink:

Seriously, though. This caught my attention right away. I wish I could tell you why. I think it's because the character isn't perfect. Short, fat--the second and third word of the first sentence! Even his name has 'grub' in it. :D

Some editing to do, but that's not important right now. I'll tell you it's definately worth continuing if you have a story in mind. Make it one page, ten pages, or 100! Whatever you want.

Have fun!

~Jacquie~

as a side note, I also liked collecting rocks when I was younger. Some acquaintances of my parents gave me a set of non-polished rockes, labeled and everything...and my mom threw them away. *sigh* So in a way I sort of relate to Ugrub, too. But I'm not short or fat. :D
SPEW to You

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:04 pm
Empress Kat says...

Hmmm... I was moved by it... but it seems awkward as a fantasy-ish thing. Goblins never seem to have much emotion in my head. But if it was just another teen-angst type thing it wouldn't be so unique.

But never stop writing! You've got an idea, go with it.
Plan B is always "Die Trying."

We all share half a braincell that bounces like a windows screensaver
— WeepingWisteria