z

Young Writers Society

Recollections (hopefully) Final draft!

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:16 am
Forestqueen808 says...

Hey, some of you read my Recollections. I have taken your advice and will now post the final draft. I will probably be querying soon, so please take a look at this. Thanks so much!

Kashmere Gallant's life was shattered when she returns from boarding school to find her parents dead in the night, her life spared by a boy with maroon-tinted eyes.

Maroon, a twelve year old, lives with his gaurdian, Justin. Justin is a serial killer, dragging Maroon along for every kill. But Maroon finally stands up to him, refusing to kill Kashmere.

Three years after the murder, Kashmere doesn’t remember a thing about being spared. But when Maroon moves back into town, old memories stir alongside new romance. And soon a choice must come between the past and the truth...or lies, and a possible future together.
Attachments
Recollections (Final Draft.doc
(337.5 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
Last edited by Forestqueen808 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorrow lasts through this night
I'll take this piece of you,
and hold for all eternity
For just one second I felt whole... as you flew right through me.

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:06 am
peanut19 says...

I claim this spot for my amazing review.

~peanut~
There is a light in you, a Vision in the making with sorrow enough to extinguish the stars. I can help you.
~And The Light Fades

The people down here are our zombies, who should be dead or not exist but do.
~Away From What We Started

P.S Got YWS?

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:28 pm
Kaywiia says...

This was a really good story. Honestly, I will go five pages into something and then put
it down because I don't like it, but this was awesome.

I fixed a few things, added a comma here, deleted one there, but nothing more than that. I love how you really developed Maroon, but could you develop Kashmere a bit more? Even by the end I couldn't really answer the three questions a very wise person told me to ask to see if you really know your characters and if they are developed enough.

Question One: The character in question's boyfriend/girlfriend are in a fight with another boy/girl who loves him/her more. What would the character do?

Question Two: The character in question is offered three million dollars if one person dies. Would they do it?

Question Three: The character in question is told that they could either save there parents or all there friends from falling into a pit of lava. What would they pick?

As a reader I found it hard to answer anything for Kashmere. Otherwise it is a really good story with a good plot.

Hope I helped!

Kally
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:14 pm
Jas says...

I claim a spot! I shall review this.....as soon as I can :D
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

Random avatar

Reviews: 110
Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:23 pm
Karsten says...

Hi Forest,

I skimmed the first scene and couldn't help noticing that this novel needs a lot more proofreading before it's ready to query. The grammar is shaky. Capitals are missing. Punctuation is misplaced. There are spelling errors. Every paragraph had me reaching for the red pen. If you want a publisher to invest tens of thousands into your work, you need to be writing in polished, professional, grammatical English. I'd advise holding off on querying until your novel is substantially more polished.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Karsten

Attention is the beginning of devotion.
— Mary Oliver, Upstream