z

Young Writers Society

Pieces of People

Random avatar

Reviews: 16
Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:58 am
TedusCloud says...

Well I thought I should just post all 9 Chapters I have till now.

Synopsis:

The world is ended. Few have transcended the end of the world, and all of them wish they hadn't. Because the world is a desolate place, silent and unchanging. People wish to end their lives, but they cannot, for they are now immortal. They are doomed to living a meaningless existence.
Sayr is one such survivor. His people are now called Humes. They have developed an ability. But it's useless. Nothing matters anymore. However, one fateful day, he meets Fleur, a little girl who also survived the end of the world. But she is different. In ways Sayr thought were never possible. In the end it is she who proves to him that even at the end of the world, there are things which still matter, even after the world has ended.

I wrote this novel in a very experimental way. This is a character exploration novel, meaning it doesn't have much of a plot until later in the book, since the first half focuses mainly on character development, moved along by 1-chapter or 2-chapter sub-plots and character arcs.

It's rated R for some sexual content and language.

I hope you guys enjoy it and please feedback as much as possible even harsh critiques I don't mind.
Attachments
Pieces of People.doc
(298.5 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Last edited by TedusCloud on Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pieces of People: 42,044 words. Only 57,956 to go :D

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:54 pm
Xunnamius says...

Well, that was certainly a breath of fresh air. With each chapter comes a new level of intensity and fascination. Interesting.

So far your plot is advancing (albeit slowly, especially during the traveling) and your characters are developing nicely.

One thing I'm seeing over and over is you. Breaking up your sentences like I just did. And it gets extremely vexatious.

Break this habit before it becomes too ingrained :P

Another thing I've noticed is you starting your sentences with And, But, Or, Because, and other naughty sentence starters. That's a no-no.

I'll critique it in three parts, 25 or so pages each. I'm halfway into the second critique. So far so good :D
Attachments
Pieces of People [1 of 3].doc
(246 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
Out of English and into Programming!
This author is taking a break from his stories to create new ones in the world of C(#).

He'll be back. I promise!

What anime am I watching?

Random avatar

Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:36 am
TedusCloud says...

Thankyou so much for your in-depth critiques. Just a few things which perhaps I could have informed better.

The prologue is narrated in 3rd person by a character who hasn't been introduced yet. The '
'watchful eye' of the book, so to speak.
Also the names at the top of the chapters indicate who is narrating. The title of the chapter would be beneath it in inverted commas.

The first few chapters are chronologically inter cut. But then the story moves in a linear fashion all the way.

And I believe you are so right I have such a bad habit of using malevolent starter words and breaking up sentences. I hate it with a passion but it's become ingrained within me and I have to fight it to get rid of it >.<

I'm really grateful for all your critiques. I have to find out how to do those comment thingies because they seem extremely useful.

Thanks again :)

15 Reviews

Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:19 pm
Xunnamius says...

Most of the same problems as before. Just move the plot a bit faster and fix those two main flaws and you're all good :D
Attachments
Pieces of People [2 of 3].doc
(182 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
This author is taking a break from his stories to create new ones in the world of C(#).

15 Reviews

Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:36 pm
Xunnamius says...

Finally! I found a break in my routine for some reading time 8)

Good stuff ya got here. Comments in the document.
Attachments
Pieces of People [3 of 3].doc
(140 KiB) Downloaded 90 times

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:23 pm
Krupp says...

This sounds like an intriguing work. I'll get back to you when I've finished reading the entire 75 pages.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

Random avatar

Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:48 pm
TedusCloud says...

Thank you all for your comments and for your time and dedication to review my work :D

At the moment the piece of work is still unfinished I'm definitely almost halfway done. I'm sorry that I failed to mention this before but it somehow skipped my mind.

Again I'm really really really grateful and I am glad I managed to intrigue you :D Thank you so very much :)

EDIT: I have finished chapter 10 :) Attaching it here :)
Attachments
Chapter 10.doc
(64 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

160 Reviews

Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:39 pm
Krupp says...

I'll get to work on chapter 10 as soon as I can. Maybe today, even.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

15 Reviews

Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:21 pm
Xunnamius says...

Same. (This post will be replaced with a review. Watch this space!)

Random avatar

Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:04 pm
TedusCloud says...

Thanks to all for your time :)

I've now finished chapter 11. Enjoy :)
Attachments
Chapter 11.doc
(63 KiB) Downloaded 71 times

160 Reviews

Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:45 am
Krupp says...

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. Pretty much my review from the first time remains the same. Great dialogue, great characterization. I'm liking where the story's going. I'll read chapter 11 tonight and I'll pm you when I'm finished.

160 Reviews

Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:02 am
Krupp says...

Finished chapter 11. Not much has changed for me here. The pace is still developing well. Characterization is great. Wish I had more to say, but I don't. Let me know when the next bit is done.

You have been de-shenaniganed.
— WaffleCat