z

Young Writers Society

2010 #1

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:03 am
Jiggity says...

Collecting the random, dispersed fragments. ^_^

Just so its easier to read, in the way I'm writing it.

Only doing it now because I have the points XD.

Any and all thoughts appreciated.
Attachments
2010.doc
(89.5 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:41 pm
View Likes
Krupp says...

This is without a doubt one of the finest things I've read from YWS. I mean that, too. No joke.

The switches between characters worked very well as a transition. The story was creepy, but I haven't read something so mysterious and yet entertaining like this in a while. So for me it was a real pleasure reading this.

Also, character dialogue and interaction was spiced up very well, a nice tough to the story. I didn't know what to expect, but you really made it interesting to read how these characters interact with one another.

So overall this is a huge success to me so far. I couldn't find something to rant or complain about, so I'll give you a 'job well done' instead.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

798 Reviews

Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:08 am
View Likes
Jiggity says...

^_^

Ah, a happy customer. You gladden my heart with such tidings, traveler. Ha! Go random archaic phrasing, w00t.

Seriously, thanks very much for the comment.

Cheers

[I shall be adding more soon]

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:53 pm
Rydia says...

It's almost not worth you reading the review on account of how few comments I made but here's a few more to add to those:

Overall I found this to be rather splendid. Your multiple perspectives worried me a little as I moved through because I couldn't find myself getting attached to any characters in particular but as I reached the end that started to change and I have a feeling it would soon smoothen out if I read more of the novel.

You had some lovely vivid scenes and generally they were a touch gruesome too but I felt a little distant from the action in places and would have liked to see a little more touch and sound as opposed to sight. That's minimal though and you certainly get by splendidly without it.

Here you go, I hope you find something to sharpen your teeth on:
Attachments
Crit for Jigs.doc
(93 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:46 pm
View Likes
Arri says...

This is a week after the last post but I thought I'd say something anyway o: I'm finding a lot of things on this site that I do enjoy. This is my favorite, and I say this not even ever being interested in any kind of story like this.

I was surprised at how well written this is, it invokes a lot of emotion and that's what writing should do. I also especially liked how the narration and the characters dialogue went together so well, like super well. And I could tell the difference in narration and thought, or it was really easy to connect the two. It almost got to the point where it's like "That's what I was thinking" and then "That's what they said!" kind of thing. I'm impressed, good sir, and your art. You're descriptions are very very nice too. I do enjoy when I can get, literally, lost in what I am trying to conjure. It's very nice.

I was especially fond of 6 and 7. I have to admit though reading this I was confused as heck I had no idea what you were talking about and all. I really did like it, and the humanity of it all. Kudos from me. I don't really have anything to change or whatever. You write really well, I'm looking forward to more.

Thank you for writing this, I am a better person for having read it.

798 Reviews

Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:55 pm
View Likes
Jiggity says...

Oh, well thank you both for those very nice comments.

Cheers

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:13 am
View Likes
asxz says...

Hi, I'm a bit late for this, but it was a captivating story and kept me enticed the whole way through. The plot was a stroke of genius and the character intertwined in a web that made it impossible to guess what the next person would do. I really hope that you do continue with this. It is VERY impressive for a 19 year old. Good luck with writing the rest of it, and I hope it gets published!
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

798 Reviews

Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:18 pm
Jiggity says...

^_^

Cheers.

Really, all comments are appreciated.

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Sun May 24, 2009 6:58 am
View Likes
Pattycakes says...

The short version is this is the most well written and thought provoking piece I've read on this website. You are extremely talented. I guess I mostly just wish it was longer :) The long version is attached. Let me know if the download doesn't work. Feel free to PM if you have any questions or have written more of this. I hope I could provide help for you!

-Pattycakes
Attachments
2010 review this.doc
(111 KiB) Downloaded 39 times

798 Reviews

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:37 am
View Likes
Jiggity says...

Hey there, Patty

Sorry for just catching this now, I realise you posted this quite a while ago. This is, though, one of my older pieces and that's why I don't check on it much. Some of the writing feels a bit dated to be honest. As for the biblical-references, well, they're intentional of course - it's almost entirely founded upon those sort of allusions in that the story is basically my imagining of the Apocalypse, step-by-step - which in turn, is why it's a bit dense at times, what with the names and the characters and the mysteriousness of it all. To be honest, although I can craft a sort of linear narrative from it all, its just my madcap creativity exploring the darkest places I can haha.

I sort of see this as a graphic novel, or comic series, as well. It's very visual in my mind and that is sort of why its so episodic in nature. I found your comments and suggestions thoughtful. Definitely appreciate the effort you put in, so cheers for that dude.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:32 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

I got through six paragraphs of edits, and I tried and tried, but the story just wasn't really grabbing my attention. I think you should just add more about the guy getting murdered and not describe the janitors clean up in execisve detail. I don't understand the body would still be there. Other than that, you have a great horror novel and it will get you far.

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
— Plato