z

Young Writers Society

Between Darkness and Dawn

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:48 pm
Angel of Death says...

First Chapter:

You have a very raw and beautiful of way of writing CK (haha I sorta sound like Jimmy from Smallville) but anyways, this was an enjoyable read and I will really read more because your plot seems amazing and I like cops and romance stories. Though really, I'm more of the mafia type, it was still beautiful and your descriptions just blew me away!

Favorite part:
Carson kicked a stone that lay by his foot. It skittered across the broken asphalt and stopped by the shoulder of a sleeping drunk. Beyond the street’s façade, the sun sank into the ground, casting shadows over the street. The orange-reddish tint of the sky reminded most people of autumn leaves. It looked to Carson like the fire from an exploded gas tank. He’d seen enough of them to know the color. Twilight approached, harbinger of night.

Your MC is way cute, I saw his character picture and now that's how he's going to look to me from now on but this paragraph should win a prize, it was just that great. Well, I wish you luck in your endeavors. I've tried writing novels, but I get so far and then quit. Hopefully my latest one will work out.

Again, Great Job and Keep writing,

~Angel
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

253 Reviews

Reviews: 253
Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:23 pm
CK Lynn says...

Thanks to everyone who reveiwed this! Unfortuanately, there's not going to be anymore for a little while until I fix this screwy thing that happened with my Word program.
Last edited by CK Lynn on Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Just saying none of us want to conquer the world won't stop some other idiot from trying."
~Liberty and Justice, by Paul Dini

www.batmanworldblog.blogspot.com

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:48 pm
ThanatosPrinciple says...

Gosh, it's hard to critique these. Ok, great story. Very exotic. I like how Carson is kind of simple and then he meets "the one", who happens to be a frazzled writer! That's really funny! Opposites attract. Anyway, I agree with whoever said he was sort of a whiny person. Kind of naive. Anyway, great!
With this magical drrrink I shall RULE THE WORLD! Mwhahahaha!

You have been de-shenaniganed.
— WaffleCat