z

Young Writers Society

Advanced Critiques Questions

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:05 am
Jamie_rocks says...

Uh yeah I got a question: why is my post locked? I didn't do that. Is that something that randomly happens for some reason?
Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:27 am
Snoink says...

See this: topic40120.html
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:54 pm
Jamie_rocks says...

So even if you have a 4000 word chapter, you're supposed to post it in the other forums and expect people to be willing to critique it. You can only post a full sized novel here, and you have to post it finished, all together? Is that the gist of it?
Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:59 pm
Rydia says...

Yes, this area is only for full novels. If your chapters are large and you don't think people will read them in the other forum then post them in parts. Like Chapter one, part one and Chapter one, part two. But generally, that shouldn't be necessary. If the story is interesting, people will read them despite the length.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:14 pm
Lost_in_dreamland says...

Isn't it unfair for the people that go to all the work of critiquing the whole novel on Microsoft Word but put it on a download document. They only get like 12 points even though they've critiqued the whole thing because the actual message on the forum isn't long enough. So they're expected to write a large-ish message on the forum AND critique the entire thing? :lol:

Oh God; I seriously need to learn to stop babbling :lol:
sorry :(

-Kirsten xxx
for what are we without words and stories?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:18 pm
Rydia says...

Well generally people receiving an advanced critique will give extra points out or reviews in exchange. But the base idea of this forum, is a review for a review. Those who post their work in it, review another's.
Writing Gooder

273 Reviews

Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:43 pm

Aw; I get it now Kitty, ta ;)
x

273 Reviews

Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:38 pm

Ok; I posted a chapter of my novel, but it's 8071 words long and no one's reviewing it because of that :lol: can I post it here instead? I know you're only meant to post stories here but mine is very long :(

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:29 pm
Meshugenah says...

Nope; I would recommend breaking the chapter in to segments and posting them that way -- then it'll be shorter and easier to read.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:10 am
Maki-Chan says...

Can we post Fanfiction. If its a novel?
check out my deviantart account ^_^
http://maki121.deviantart.com/

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:41 pm
JFW1415 says...

Lost_in_dreamland wrote:Isn't it unfair for the people that go to all the work of critiquing the whole novel on Microsoft Word but put it on a download document. They only get like 12 points even though they've critiqued the whole thing because the actual message on the forum isn't long enough. So they're expected to write a large-ish message on the forum AND critique the entire thing? :lol:

Oh God; I seriously need to learn to stop babbling :lol:
sorry :(

-Kirsten xxx

Also, you really should have a long overall. Just post the overall part in the post and attach all the nit-picks.

~JFW1415

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:01 pm
Sureal says...

Maki-Chan wrote:Can we post Fanfiction. If its a novel?

Can't imagine why not. Make sure you mention what it's a fan fiction of, though.
I wrote the above just for you.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:08 am
Arri says...

This may be a stupid question and I don't know if this concern is anywhere else because I could not find it, but I tried to place an attached filed onto my post and it says I need to have it as a .doc. The problem here is that I do not have any program or anything to make a .doc file. All I have is the wordpad that comes with my computer and normally I save as rtf but the site won't accept that as an attached file. Am I SOL on this one or what?

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:14 am
Aoaystheory says...

My question is,,, If I write a novel chapter by chapter and post it in the other forums, is it ok when I'm finished I put it in here?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:52 am
Rydia says...

Arri: You could download a simple word processor that would save the document in that format, I think Open Office has the option though I'm not certain or you could possibly use a school/ college/ university computer? Failing that, possibly one at your local library? Most would have microsoft word.

Aoaystheory: Yes, that would be fine.
Writing Gooder

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
— Robert Frost