z

Young Writers Society

deleted

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:46 am
View Likes
fight4whatisright says...

Last edited by fight4whatisright on Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:15 pm
View Likes
Lightsong says...

This is interesting. I'll make sure to read it when I've the time and Internet. :)
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:37 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

Hey! I can take a look for you! I don't read a lot of urban fantasy, but I love YA :)

What I like to do is read the whole thing once as a reader and give my thoughts at the end (big picture things like plot, characterization, execution, what I thought worked/didn't, etc.) Then I go back through and give more specific feedback for each chapter. I'm very honest, but I'm also very positive - so I'll tell you what I think you're doing well and what I like, but I don't shy away from constructive feedback :)

I'm looking over another novel in this manner right now, so as soon as I'm done with that one, I can get started on yours if my critique style sounds like something you're interested in!
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic he could save others from death, but not himself.
— RazorSharpPencil