z

Young Writers Society

Writing music

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:13 pm
crossroads says...

I guess, judging from myself, that a lot of us find a kind of inspiration in music. Now, I know this is something relatively often talked about, so I'm not going to go on much about music that fits the mood, nor I'll ask you to put up your current playlists (personally, I find my music to be a rather private ingredient of my writing)..

The other day I talked to a friend of mine, and we found out that we both tend to encounter songs that just fit our characters (or scenes between them) perfectly - whether it's the lyrics, or the rhythm, or just something that can't be named, but makes us imagine those scenes/characters in our heads.

So that's what I'd like to know, out of pure curiosity: do you have those experiences? Do your characters have their music? :mrgreen:
It'd be nice, I think, if you'd post a song (or songs) for a character and perhaps put their name, and see if others might be able to guess a bit of their personality ^_^

What do you think?

(I will probably post some of mine when I find proper links and actual titles, as I downloaded the songs from god knows where >.<)
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:14 pm
View Likes
Love says...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGse9SRt ... ata_player

This song inspired my novel, and represents to me the transdermal of uncontrollable power to a worthy successor ^_^
I was Amareth :)

Why do we only rest in peace? Why don't we live in peace too?
— Alison Billet