z

Young Writers Society

I Just Finished My First Rough Draft EVER!

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:20 pm
HarmonicWriting says...

Two days ago, I FINALLY finished the rough draft to one of my books. I was seriously jumping up and down because I've NEVER finished a rough draft before. Seriously. I have this habit of losing interest half-way through it and moving onto something else but I did it this time!!!!!!

Okay, so it's nowhere near perfect and some people might night consider it done but for me, it is. I pretty much ended up making the main boy my dream guy and the MC went from shy to ass-kicking back to shy so that needs to change. And there's some things, like the MC's friend issues that weren't solved, and when I got stuck I would go [insert blah here] so I have a LOT to rewrite but I don't care!!!

I'm going to finish printing it all off, then I'm going to brainstorm about what needs to happen that didn't etc and then I'm just going to lock it up for a few months. And hopefully finish my other stories.

So, yeah, I'm pretty happy right now. Eek!

--Peace&Love--
Harmony

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:26 pm
Audy says...

That's amazing, congratulations =D

Haha, I'm the same way. I have a hard time finishing my stories. I also leave a blank page and write a quick, 'I owe myself one scene' note. :wink: whenever I don't feel like writing a particularly minor scene.

But seriously, that's a grand achievement, I bet you're jumping around in circles and feel like singing at the top of your lungs. Good luck with the editing. ^_^

Reviews: 1
Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:32 am
hellodaydream says...

Ahh~ Congratulations! That's great!!

Is it like there's a big weight off your shoulders?

I'm sorta making it sound like you're having a baby xD I guess it's kinda like having a baby, though, in a way...

A BRAIN CHILD.

Hohoho. I crack myself up.

But yes, anyways, good luck with your editing.

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:38 am
zankoku_na_tenshi says...

Alright! *high fives*

Congrats! That's great. Even if there's a lot of editing left, it feels awesome just to know you've made it through, huh?

Great job, super congratulations, and happy editing. XD ^_^
"The world is not beautiful, therefore, it is." --Kino's Journey

Hey, how about a free review?

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:31 am
Tyd says...

Congrats :DDD Are you going to try and get it published once it's finally done :P?
As is a tale, so is life; not how long it is, but how good it is.

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:11 pm
View Likes
Aedomir says...

Congrats! How long is it? What's it called?

Well done, you should be pleased with yourself!

~Mark
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:09 pm
Krupp says...

Congratulations on finishing the rough draft. I know that feeling too well, getting bored in the middle of a draft, wanting to write something else. Often more than not I've found myself throwing whatever I've written out the window and forgetting about it. That's what makes finishing a rough draft so great; finally something gets done. Take a few days off after you print that out, savor the victory. Then get back to reading over it.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

11 Reviews

Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:34 pm
HarmonicWriting says...

Thanks guys.

Yeah, it's definitely a weight off of my shoulders.

I'm not sure how long it is. And I highly doubt I'll try to get it published. Maybe. After a rewrite or two, I'll probably post it on here. Some critism might do me good.

And then I get to write a sequel! Yeah!

370 Reviews

Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:29 pm
Aedomir says...

*sigh*

Why write something no one will read? :wink:

2. Human.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:14 pm
Krupp says...

I feel like that a lot when I get on here..

but kidding aside, some of the best stuff doesn't get read right away.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

370 Reviews

Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:40 pm
Aedomir says...

Ye. Take Lord of the Rings! He wrote that for his children, got it pulbished around ten years later.
Last edited by Aedomir on Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2. Human.

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:02 pm
Azila says...

Does the hate of Eragon have to come up in EVERY topic around here?

Anyway, congrats Harmony. I salute you--I can never keep interested in one story for a long time. :(

Happy editing! If you PM me I'll be happy to help you with plot/character development/description/not info-dumping/whatever. :D

Good job, and good luck!
~Azila~

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:18 pm
Heidigirl666 says...

Aedomir wrote:*sigh*

Why write something no one will read? :wink:

They said, they probably wouldn't get it published. That doesn't equal no one's going to read it, and besides, I don't know about you, but first of all I write for myself. :wink:

And even if you don't get it published, it's good practise, it improves your writing and editing abilities and gives you the skills to write better in the future. When you're still a teenager, I think that's the most important (and most realistic) thing to get out of it. :D
Everywhere I go I'm asked if I think the university stifles writers. My opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them. There's many a bestseller that could have been prevented by a good teacher. ~Flannery O'Connor

11 Reviews

Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:56 pm
HarmonicWriting says...

^^Exactly.

After I rewrite once or twice, I'm definitely posting it on here and emailing it to a few of my friends who will "rip it apart" for me.

I figure, if I write as much as I can now and improve as I go on, then when I'm ready to publish, I might have a chance.

370 Reviews

Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:40 pm
Aedomir says...

I was jsut joking, I meant no offence :wink:

2. Human.

The mind of man is capable of anything - because everything is in it, all the past as well as all the future.
— Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness