z

Young Writers Society

Is it allowed...?

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:10 pm
Aedomir says...

The thing is, during November (NaNoWriMo), I will be laid down with coursework and exams. Would I be ableto do it in say, October, but just one month?
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:08 pm
Leja says...

I suppose you could do your own thing informally, but you'd lose a lot of the spirit of NaNo. The thing is, NaNoWriMo is supposed to illustrate that there's never a "perfect" time to be writing; there'll always be something that comes up, so November is the arbitrary month chosen to "just do it". And on that note, writing a month ahead of time, you'll miss out on some of the best benefits: updating your wordcount on the NaNo website, and holding word wars and such with the rest of the participants.

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:09 pm
Aedomir says...

Ye, that was what I was worries about.

I just won't be able to do it then... *sigh*
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:11 pm
View Likes
Lilith says...

Just because doing it in October isn't as formal as writing your novel in November is, it doesn't make it any less fun. I had pc. troubles all through my first November and ended up writing it in the following May, setting the same day to day goal and attempting to reach the 50,000 end mark. The idea of NaNo is to put that deadline in front of you and encourage your success.

ps. I appologize for any netspeak i may have let slip in this post. i haven't formally typed anything in several months.
Duffy -- "Watch out for Jesse, he wants what he can't have."
Emily -- "Oh boy, he can have me."
Duffy -- "Figures..."

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:26 pm
View Likes
Sureal says...

You can do it whenever you want.

Although, it won't have the same community feeling it does during November, cos during the official NaNoWriMo period a whole bunch of people are doing it, and you can trade tips and compare how well you're doing with one another.
I wrote the above just for you.

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:40 pm
View Likes
Jennafina says...

I think you should go for it! It is a lot of fun to do it in November with everyone else, but doing it some other time is better than not at all. I suggest you get a buddy to do it with you, though. It'd be easier if you had at least one other person going through the same thing.

Or, you could do Script Frenzy. I think that's in April.
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

"Rumors?" "Yes. Terrible things. Grow on men like warts." "Tumors?" "Both. Look, there is talk about you."
— Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings