z

Young Writers Society

How do you like your writing to look in a writing program?

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:10 pm
Kadie says...

Like, what font do you use? How big and what colour?

Do you leave your page white or do you change its colour?

I'm forever messing about with the settings in microsoft word, this is how mine looks at the moment:

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:55 pm
Krupp says...

I just honestly use Microsoft Word and start writing...I don't use any setting changes. The font I use pretty much all of the time is Courier New, or Times New Roman, always sized 12.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:00 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

I always use size 16 for the chapter # and title, then 14 for the rest. I always write it in Comic sans font. I don't change colors or any other stuff.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:03 pm
Emerson says...

I'm a times new roman 12pt kind of person. Occasionally I'll increase the font size because it's hard for me to look at depending on which screen I'm using.

I like having spaces between my paragraphs, but I generally don't write with double spacing in my lines. I've never gotten into writing with other fonts and strange ones and all that. It's never been me? It sounds like fun though, I know some people get a kick out of writing in special fonts. It's always been the words rather than how they look though, haha.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:14 pm
tinny says...

I've always just stuck with what Word has as it's default; Calibri 11pt. Sometimes I set it to 8pt because I like having all the words smushed up. I double-space my paragraphs, but not indiviual lines. I underline the title and might bold it too.

And I use the black vista skin =D
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:25 pm
Swottielottie says...

I always have 12 point Arial, I can't stand times new romans or bold font (dunno why).
And I always hve to have the view thing on print.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:16 pm
Heidigirl666 says...

I had a phase where I went changing the fonts every five seconds, and then a phase of doing it in really tiny writing, mostly because then it makes nice neat little paragraphs, but now I just use Times New Roman, but always 11pt.

Can't stand doing it in 12 for some reason. It just seems too big and too spaced out. :?

Plus then all I have to do if I try and get it published is put in a header and footer and double space it. :wink:
Everywhere I go I'm asked if I think the university stifles writers. My opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them. There's many a bestseller that could have been prevented by a good teacher. ~Flannery O'Connor

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:07 pm
chocoholic says...

I don't mess around with it. White page, black writing, Times New Roman, 12.

When I write essays and stuff for school I'll put the title in the middle, then make it bigger and change the font, but only for school stuff.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:44 pm
Loose says...

I don't mess around with any of the settings, but I only ever write on the WordPad function, never Microsoft Word. So my settings are automatically Arial, 10. And that suits me just fine.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:53 pm
Firestarter says...

I use default on the new Word -- Calibri, 11pt. I used to be a big fan of Georgia in about 9pt. but went past that phase. Now I'm just lucky to be writing in whatever font.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:49 am
Prokaryote says...

Loose wrote:I don't mess around with any of the settings, but I only ever write on the WordPad function, never Microsoft Word. So my settings are automatically Arial, 10. And that suits me just fine.

Yup, ditto.

Prokaryote

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:03 am
Aedomir says...

I always start writing in size 12 Times New Roman, and then when I finish a chapter I put everything into manuscipt format: courier new, double-spaced, size 12. Chapter headings shoudl be underlined, left, size 12 also. Italics should be underlined as it easier to read.
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:26 am
Kadie says...

Lol, i guess it's just me then. Most of you seem to keep the defaults or keep it simple. I guess messing with the settings is just another way of procrastinating for me :p

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:23 pm
Aedomir says...

lol
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:01 pm
Audy says...

I always make a title page for all my long-term stories, where I have nice big elaborate fonts that fit whatever I'm writing at the moment. I don't really have chapter titles other than 'chapter one, chapter two, etc.' so I do those in size 32.

Normally I write Verdana or Tahoma size 12. I'm so used to those fonts that if I write in any other font, it tends to bother me. Like an itch or something =P

Life's short; smile while you still have teeth.
— Tuesday