Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:22 pm
Aedomir says...

Writing a novel? Tell us about them here! Just a bit of basic info, like:

Name of Novel:
When it was started:
Word count:
Summary:
(only about 50 words!)

So how fast are you? How many words do you type each day?
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

Reviews: 4
Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:01 am
gingerheartsyou says...

Ok, well I am done with the novel I was working on before, so I'll put up my NaNoWriYe word count, etc. Eh, might as well.

Name of Novel(s): Jailbreak, Something About You, Surviving Millie, Twister, etc.
Started: Jan. 1st
Word Count: 50,365

And you?
"Old times" never come back and I suppose it's just as well. What comes back is a new morning every day in the year, and that's better.
-George E. Woodberry

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:28 am
Monki says...

Name of Novel: For the time being, the title is Gay is My Ex.
When it was started: That's a toughie. Maybe... a month ago.
Word count: As far as I remember (because I'm too lazy to check), about 2000 words, but only because I keep changing it.
Summary: I'm sort of writing it as I go, but it's about this girl and guy. They went out forever. Finally, one day, the girl has a "realization" or something and decides to break up with him. After they break up, he turns gay, almost overnight. She thinks it's an act of revenge, but he's serious about it. He hasn't told his mom yet and is trying very hard to find a way out/to tell his mom. And that's pretty much as far as I am. It switches point of view every other chapter.
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:07 am
Aedomir says...

Nice. I'm loving the titles! They're cool :-D

Well, here's mine:

Name of Novel: Currently, it is called 'Ever Wayward'
When it was started: January 21st, very precise. That was when I joined the website!
Word count: about 15k
Summary: An exile is ambushed and his men take refuge in a waterfall. He touches the waterfall and wakes up 1000 years in the future. The world has been otherthrown and he does'nt understand why. It is more about the relationship between comradeship, loyalty etc. Also, it is symbolic - if you are lost, you will be found.

Well, there you go!

2. Human.

344 Reviews

Reviews: 344
Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:10 pm
Eimear says...

Hey! This is slightly scary...I was going to ask people how many words on average do they write a day but this is way cooler!

Name of Novel: No title as such, 'Beyond Land's end' is a possibility though.

When it was started: August 2nd 2007

Word Count: 39,000

Summary: Wouldnt you like to know? It's a secret! (And that's me being quite open)

I'm sending it to publishers and agents in late April- but I'm not holding my breath!
Might post some up here...if I'm brave enough, that is!

I've been pretty slow what with plotting and planning, but right now it's about 2,000 a day- If I'm lucky. A bit more if I'm coming in from a night out!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:58 am
Tessitore says...

Name of Novel: Under the Edge of Night
When it was started: November 11th or sometime soon after.
Word County: 92,521
Summary: The very first of my "Dark Wings" stories, currently being edited to send off to publishers and/or agents over the summer. Chronicles the experiences of a small-time girl getting swept into the world of 'night things' soon after her parents death.

The real exciting thing for me is 'Bridge of Tears' the second installment, something I've been wanting to write for what feels like AGES.

Great titles, peoples. Keep up the good word work.
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:51 am
Aedomir says...

Wow! Was the Nov 07 you started? If so that is remarkable to get all of that by March. :wink:

2. Human.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:23 pm
Krupp says...

Aedomir wrote:Writing a novel? Tell us about them here! Just a bit of basic info, like:

Name of Novel:
When it was started:
Word count:
Summary:
(only about 50 words!)

So how fast are you? How many words do you type each day?

Title: It's in the Blood
Started in: January 2008
Summary: the plot circles around two guys mainly: One, a retired amatuer MMA fighter, and his protege, who's fighting professionally at the time.
Word count: 61, 651 words...and more coming...I type fast. About 80 words per minute, last I checked. Don't know how many words a day; it depends...
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:45 pm
Fishr says...

Name of Novel: Bound for Glory: Our Brethren
When it was started: Oct., 2005
Word count: over 300,000, which includes illitrations that contain words.
Summary: The start of the American Revolution starts here. With several years of research under my belt, this Historic Fiction novel is the largest and most advanced project I've ever taken on and for so long. In it, there will be no sugar-coating of the atrocities that took place in Boston, which concerns Britain too. I have it set up where I'm not deliberately bashing one side but the descriptions should leave the reader the freedom of choosing - Tory or Patriot? ;)
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:19 pm
Kadie says...

Name of Novel: Tagged
When it was started: 15th March 08
Word count: 2000
Summary: Hi, my name is Leah, and I'm the most renowned grafitti artist this side of Connecticut. I go by the alias 'Maxi', but shh...don't tell anyone.

I don't write very fast, and i'm constantly deleting and rewriting instead of just pushing forward :(

"I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul."
— Pablo Neruda