z

Young Writers Society

Post, Read, Review, Meet New People!

Reviews: 1
Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:19 am
Rael13 says...

Hello and welcome!

I'm actually new to the society and I'm really looking forward to giving and recieving opinions. I am currently working on the 13th chapter of my sci-fi novel. It isn't edited very much and I think it's a little bit off in the way of grammar but those are all things I'll work on later. What I'm really looking forward to is reviewing plots, characters and settings. Feel free to post some things you need feedback on.

Well, I hope I can meet some new people and read some great stories!

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:50 pm
Aedomir says...

Hi! I'm sort of new, I've been on for about a week and a bit, this place is really great!

Why not look at my portfolio, they are the first two chapters of my novel, 'The Immortals of Salgaii' (working title). What is currently chapter 2 will become chapter 3, and a new chapter 2 will be made. Let me know if you post anything, I'd like to take a peek!
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:58 pm
Stori says...

Hi Rael. If you want you can look at my story, Phoenix. It's in progress and I have the first chapter up.
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:55 pm
Rydia says...

Hello there and welcome to the site! If you have any questions or would like a critique, feel free to pm me. And why not ramble about yourself for a bit? This thread belongs to you so go ahead and tell us a few facts about yourself. Hope you enjoy YWS,

Heather xx
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:03 pm
Wolf says...

kitty15 wrote:Hello there and welcome to the site! If you have any questions or would like a critique, feel free to pm me. And why not ramble about yourself for a bit? This thread belongs to you so go ahead and tell us a few facts about yourself. Hope you enjoy YWS,

Heather xx

Ditto. Reading rambles is always fun. ^.^

Anyways, if you want, I'll critique your story once you've posted it. I'm already neck-deep in owed reviews but I AM a instructor, so it's my job to crit! :D

... and, err, if you wouldn't mind, there's a piece in my portfolio called 'We all fall down' that I'd appreciate feedback on. :oops: But don't feel obliged - I know I wasn't offering to give free crits when I was a newbie!

Anyways, feel free to PM me if you have any questions or anything!

Cheers,
Camille
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:29 am
Rael13 says...

Hi, everyone!

I'm glad I got some posts here and I'm looking forward to read your stories. I have my story all on a USB, i just haven't saved it onto here yet. I think I'll have it on here in a bit. Also I'm i9n a bit of a writer's block, to tell ya the truth. I've kinda led my character where into a slow spot. I think that's what's getting to me. I've been planning out all of the fast-paced exciting parts in my head, but their all around the middle/end of the story. I've started to connect it but I'm feeling distracted.
of course, now I'm getting into this site, and I'll be inspired once again! Mwahaha! :D

I'll a couple chapters up in a bit :)
Darkness grows only as far as the light will allow it

-Rael13-

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:38 am
Leja says...

Also I'm in a bit of a writer's block, to tell ya the truth.

Aren't we all :wink: Best of luck finding inspiration!

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:00 am
Rael13 says...

Hey, I've got 3 chapters posted up on my blog if you want to read 'em.
Like I said before, the grammar might not be the best but i've heard from my friends and family that it's really good. I have about ten more chapters done but I'd just like your opinion first if you want to read it. I'm also planning on changing some things later if I realize something isn't right. Oh, please tell me if something doesn't make sense to you so I can fix it. Don't wanna right a book the runs people into walls. 0_o

I should make my sig shouldn't I?

Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:42 am
Rael13 says...

One more thing...
I need to know how to create a portfolio and put stuff on it,
and how to make a signature, I saw it earlier but i forgot where
thanks

-Rael13-

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:01 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

Click on "home" and "edit my profile." it'll show up next to your avatar. :D

nice meeting you by the way! i'm Sunny *cyber-handshake.*
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:40 am
Rael13 says...

Why thankyou good sir!

Well, if anyone wants to direct me on how to put stuff on my portfolio, that'd be great, also 3 chapter of my story are on my blog (just to remind you) so if you like it just tell me and ill start putting more on.
Thanks!

-Rael13-

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:03 pm
Rydia says...

Anything you post in the literary forums is automatically added to your portfolio so don't worry about that but do remember to write two critiques for every piece you post. Thank you and feel free to ask more questions either here or in a pm,

Heather xx
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

“All stories are true," Skarpi said. "But this one really happened, if that's what you mean.”
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind