Young Writers Society

Saint's Corner

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:08 am
Teague says...

I have a headache. [/random]

Anyway, yeah. So I'm randomly establishing my own little nitch in the Writer's Corner. Hopefully peer pressure will be a good motivator? Lol. I do what I can.

Anyway, my main project is entitled Ten Years, Twenty-Eight Days. It's the story of Eric MacAllister, a nice kid from a good family -- at least, before he became a slave to alcohol. His life in Glasgow, Scotland is uprooted as he sinks slower and slower into the alcoholic's lifestyle, pushing away his family and friends to make more room for the poison. Convinced that the world is out to get him, Eric flees to Edinburgh to fall further along the path of self-destruction, and try to find his way back out. First year is completely posted on YWS, along with the beginning of the second.

God that sounds corny. >.<

I've also got a side project called Ahoy Insanity which is just a novella. It's the story of two disenfranchised teenagers struggling to find their way in a world that hates them for the things they can't control. Carolina Smith has suffered a major speech impediment since she learned to talk but prefers to bow her head and get on with her (mostly speechless) life. Ronald Lynch is a burn victim who refuses to let the horrid scars on his face slow him down. When the two meet in their History class during the school's Homecoming week, they immediately know they hate each other. But their disadvantages draw them together, and Ronald's determined to change the way the two are treated. But big dreams can only go so far...

First three chapters are posted on YWS.

Why do both of these sound freaking corny? *dies*

Character profiles when I feel... less... corny. xD

So... um... discuss? Lol. Who are my closet groupies? xD

-Saint Razorblade
The Official YWS Pirate :pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:21 am
Samantha Eliza says...

Ooh, I'll definitely have to read Ahoy Insanity. It seems very interesting! :D I began to read Ten Years, but then I started writing something on my computer and got kind of sidetracked, hahaha. I tend to do that a lot.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:24 am
Cade says...

Freaking awesome!

I always admire people who can write prose...I personally can't pay attention very long and I like to be uber-concise, so I stick to poetry. Whenever I attempt to write prose it ends up being like a page long.

I haven't even seen Ten Years, Twenty-Eight Days. Perhaps I should read, eh? Eh? :D

Good luck!
-Colly
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:37 am
Emerson says...

Oh, wow, St. I didn't know the stories you wrote sounded that good! I just assumed they were good, but heck, those sound real good. And you write catchy synopsis. I can't! You make me want to read Insanity Ahoy, so, I shall. ^_^
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

497 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:59 am
Teague says...

Really? I thought they were rather corny synopses. xD

Thanks, everyone! Ego +5, lol.

-:pirate3:

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:53 am
zankoku_na_tenshi says...

Hello Razor! *waves* You're actually quite good at writing synopses, I've been trying to come up with a good one for my own beloved LoSLoR for awhile, and I just... can't. XD These synopses make me want to read the next chapters even more (which I never would have thought possible XD)

Anyhows... good luck with future chapters, and I hope your headache feels better soon. ^_^
"The world is not beautiful, therefore, it is." --Kino's Journey

Hey, how about a free review?

497 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:54 pm
Teague says...

Yay! *dances*

A couple neat things:

- I have a friend who's offered to sell me his laptop for $20.
- I have another friend who has a better laptop which might be more expensive and I don't know if she's actively selling it, but I want that one more.
- And I've finally got a bit of work done on Ten Years, Twenty-Eight Days!

Okay, it's not much. And both laptops are kind of sucky, but it's better than waiting two more years to get one. And the work I've done on Ten Years is small stuff, but the small stuff adds up.

And at least I figured out a good way to wake Eric up in the mornings so that he'll actually DO something: write some complete bollocks that won't even go in the story until he realises that I'm trying to write his story without him.

He's very territorial that way. xD

So, woo! I has progresses [/inside family joke]!

Edit: And AGAIN the bloody bastard interrupts a maths test. Which I failed anyway, which I'm furious about because I don't know what went wrong because I got everything right on the homework and I thought I understood it and then I see that I got a 40% on my test and I'm like, "What the effing hell is this bollocks?" and AAAAGH. [/rant]

497 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:05 am
Teague says...

Two words: I fail.

xD

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:29 am
chocoholic says...

When if more of Ahoy Insanity coming up?

I've read a bit of Ten Years, Twenty Eight Days, but I sort of stopped. I will have to read it more.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

497 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:47 am
View Likes
Teague says...

Ohgodno.

I've grown to despise AI. It sucks now. And it deserves to die. -.-

I need to plan it more. *eats it*

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:45 am
TheD2 says...

I thought I would comment on this. Ravor, I swear the way you speak-type is like my girlfreind's. She ways has those * (insert action here) *. Oh those are not corny, trust me, I have come up with some vary corny ideas. Random thought: emagine the story of a toaster.
Ok I've said enough. Seeya around, well at least read you. Ahhhhhhh! That did not sound right one bit. any ways, now i'll go :smt109

[quote]"2, 4, 6, and 8 may be, but what ever will we do with three."-Random little Rhyming quote made by me.
Without Wax,4114

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:55 pm
zankoku_na_tenshi says...

Aw, but I love AI. T_T (And just when I was planning to draw you fanart, too. XD) No giving up! Always remember that if your writing is bad, then mine makes eyes bleed.

And I totally agree with chocoholic. Moar AI and TYTED please. XD Best of luck. ^_^
"The world is not beautiful, therefore, it is." --Kino's Journey

Hey, how about a free review?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:05 pm
Emerson says...

I've grown to despise AI. It sucks now. And it deserves to die. -.-

No! :( I like it!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:09 pm
Aedomir says...

This sounds like a good read, let me know when you publish it! :-D

Keep writing!

~D'Aedomir~
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:04 pm
Teague says...

=O I'm important enough for fanart? *dies of shock*

I may or may not continue it... I just really don't like the first draft. I may just scrap it and start all over again. Meh.

I like TYTED a lot better, lol.

“And how shall I think of you?' He considered a moment and then laughed. 'Think of me with my nose in a book!”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell