z

Young Writers Society

Is your goal to get published?

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:57 am
xtenx says...

bigbadbear wrote:Yes, my dreams are to get published, and who wouldn't want it to be a best seller?

That's how I feel. It's not about name recognition though. I just, I don't know. Why write for yourself and yourself alone? Of course I do write to please myself, but if I could reach countless other people...absolutely, I'd love it. Especially with fantasy- why create an ENTIRE new world for just yourself? My book is so extensive and thought out...of course I want to share it.

I do want another job though. As much as I'd love to be a career novelist, it's difficult- aside from getting published at all, there's so much else to think about financially (unfortunately). Right now I can spout off idea after idea, but who's to say I'll be able to do that for the rest of my life? Getting another job is almost a safety for me. Honestly though, the career I'm looking into is in book publishing anyway :lol: For a while I wanted to be a journalist, but I was recently turned away from that idea.
-Kristen

So I just try, fail and try, and try again- and someday I swear I'm gonna get it. 'Cause I'm convinced, giving in is the worst thing there is.--Straylight Run

Random avatar

Reviews: 33
Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:20 pm
Barrio says...

I think i am very different in my ideas. I'm always the optimist and just love thinking i can do anything. I love reading the classics, so in all honesty, i'd love nothing more than to write one. Which as my current writing skill goes, won't happen anytime soon. But hey, practice, practice, practice.

Me personally, i wouldn't want another job. I'd love to just write and write and sell but not worry about anything else, be a hobo for Chrissakes. Be like Socrates, except of course, for the philophy. I'd even be happy, this being if i do actually sell anything, to not even keep all of the money but give it to my family. I just want to travel and write as i go. Lead a completely hedonistic life, with no responsibility.

Bah, just a dream really.

We're all dreamers.

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:50 pm
Black_Forestsong says...

I am trying to find a publishing house, but I haven't gotten any finished manuscripts *TwT*

I don't think i'll ever get any manuscript done. I slack off....a LOT...>>;
Only one who will risk going too far can find out how far one can go.
-T.S. Elliot

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:53 pm
Ricanprince1013 says...

I would say getting published is a dream of mine, but my goal is always to tell the best story that I can and to develop characters that my readers will remember for years to come.

Maybe we're all just complex human beings with skewed perceptions of each other.
— Ventomology