z

Young Writers Society

No Title Novel updates

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:38 am
View Likes
chocoholic says...

Right now I'm working on chapter eight of a 25 chapter novel. I'm writing on paper, and I will be typing it all up after I finish. I don't have a title as of yet, and will post it one here as soon as I'm done.

Here is the basic plot:

1. Alicia Church travels around the world with her zooligist parents, who homeschool her

2. Sue and John (Alicia's parents) decided to settle down and have a normal life. They move in temporarily with John's family

3. Alicia is great at English and Sport, but not any other subjects. She has one friend- Kay- but nobody else pays her much attention

4. The school athletics are coming up, but Alicia is put on crutches, rendering her running abilities useless

That's all I'll put on because I don't want to ruin the plot for when I finish and post it. I'm torn between finishing and posting, or beginning typing, posting and then stopping because I've lost heart for it. What should I do? Nobody has seen it yet, and I really believe in the story. I don't want to lose heart (which may happen if I start posting now), but I'd love everyone's comments as I write.

Please help and tell me what you think of the plot (it's much more detailed than what I wrote).
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:54 pm
Rydia says...

The plot sounds wasy to relate to which is always good and if you have more details and other conflicts then I'm sure it's fine. As for what to do, I'm sure posting a chapter or two wouldn't discourage you from finishing. In fact, the comments might encourage you and they might give you some cool ideas and tips that you can use while writing the rest of your story.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:29 pm
jonny911 says...

You'll definitely find the comments more helpful than hurtful. I'd type up the story now and see what feedback you get.
"Son, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
"A felon!"
"Are you sure?"
"Yah! This kid at school says they get all the girls!"
"I should try that..."

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:46 pm
chocoholic says...

I'm taking a break with this novel. For the rest of October I'll be wroking on the first book in my childrens fantasy series, November is dedicated to NaNoWriMo, and in December I'll be writing a script. I'll probably return to this in January, and it should be better after taking a long break from it.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

Beware of advice—even this.
— Carl Sandburg