z

Young Writers Society

So, about my novel...

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:03 pm
Cuni says...

Ok, I'm writing I novel. Main reason I joined this forums, really. It's already nineteen chapters longs, and I'm eleven more away from finishing it. Actually, Vol.1
It was supposed to be a trillogy, but Part 1 got a little biugger, and I liked two endings and two titles and couldn't make my mind, so I chose both.
I'm feeling rather great with this decision, so all I've got to do is stop being a lazy ass and write the eleven chapters so I can start revising and polishing.
At first I thought I would run out o story before the ten chapters were done, but then I though of relying in flashback and actual storyline in characters somewhat "put to slep", and I think it will be just fine.
Wish me luck!
"They are like scarecrows form a watermellon plantation. Do not fear them, for they can't do you any harm, and no good either".

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:03 pm
View Likes
Cuni says...

What I'm thinking of now is in which category my story fits. Beacuse it has mer people, which should qualify it as fantasy fiction, but it's just that, there are no faries and magic kindoms. Actually, it's much more science tnat fiction. So I'm in real doubt here.
It sounds stupid that I do not comment on my plot, but I would rather finish the book first. Is there anyone here who posts daily chapters or pieces form his/her book?
Last edited by Cuni on Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"They are like scarecrows form a watermellon plantation. Do not fear them, for they can't do you any harm, and no good either".

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:49 pm
View Likes
Sam says...

Ah, merpeople! That's interesting- unique, certainly. ^_^

I don't know...posting everyday isn't the best idea, because the window for critiques is kind of narrow. People don't have a whole lot of time to respond. There are quite a few novels on YWS, though, so you could find someone who has one up and ask them how they go about posting.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:11 am
Mighty Aphrodite says...

When I posted a novel, I did one chapter a day to try and not to flood the forums. You might want to try doing it less frequently than that to try and get more feedback.

And also, a warning about using flashbacks: one of the things that the professors of my writing courses always says is that stories need to be grounded in the present. If a lot of the story is written using flashback, it doesn't always work out for the better.

But that's just it...not always. Just because it doesn't work in some cases, doesn't mean it won't work at all.

Just thought I'd give you something to think about.
"lovers alone wear sunlight." -e e cummings

"A well-behaved woman rarely makes history." -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

"Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody."
-Mark Twain

Love is all we have, the only way that each can help the other.
— Euripides