z

Young Writers Society

Adventures in Writing

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:31 am
View Likes
Kel says...

The newest one is barely in the works as I've taken the time to start reading a book of tips on writing.

"The Song of the Secret Keepers" is the current working title. The main character, I'm unsure of whether to make it a boy or a girl (it's a girl right now, so I'll use she), lives in a village at the base of a mountain range. Her father left her and her mother many years ago when she was just a baby. Her mother works the fields just below the foothills while the MC tends to the house.

It's your basic save-the-world plot with a skeleton villain. Secret Keepers, Rilarks, the Lady of the Dark Lily, Liliti (the children of the Lady). Different races.

My main problems are the antagonist and protagonist. I'm not even sure what sex to make the protagonist!
Write from the heart and nothing can go wrong. It's when you write from the wallet that the feeling goes away.

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:46 pm
View Likes
Black Ghost says...

Maybe if you take the time to consider what kind of society your character's live in, maybe you could base your decision on the types of rights each sex has, because that might mean different conflicts for either one.

Just a thought :)

-Tony

they say money can't buy happiness, but what they don't realize is that money *can* buy novelty socks.
— blueca