z

Young Writers Society

Uncertain Memory (Screenplay)

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Thu May 31, 2007 2:34 am
-KayJuran- says...

Just something to update people on my progress, write about my characters etc. Mostly, I'm just hoping this'll be one way to get me to write as there'll be that bit added pressure.

I'll be posting something about the characters soon.

Twelve and a half hours before SF begins!! =D
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

324 Reviews

Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:24 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Hm. So much for posting progress...

Anyway, I finished the 20k about an hour ago. I'm just over. Still got a long way to go before the story ends though, so I'll keep writing until I'm finished.

Got to a pretty dramatic part just now. Celia is so close to getting her memories back!

Basic plot -- Celia wakes up, remembering nothing but her dream. She meets Lysander, who she becomes friends with, and Sebastian, who is in the same situation as her. When Celia finds out she's dreamt of the same city that Sebastian has dreamt of a few times, they travel there, which is when it gets really interesting...

Anyway, in other news:

Uncertain Memory is currently a fantasy/sci-fi hybrid, but the second draft will be much more sci-fi, maybe even a sub genre like cyberpunk. Could make it pretty interesting...

I've alredy started planning the main plot points for the second draft, which is going to change a LOT in comparison with the first one.

I also have another script in planning mode. Not sure on the name yet, and it's not fully plotted, but it'll be something like A I R meets Laputa. I'm going for a Miyazaki feel to it. This one is about a girl with wings who falls from the sky and into a world pretty different from her own. I'm not sure how it'll end yet, but it should be fun writing it.

Okay! That's it for the moment...

Write on, peeps!

Kay.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:00 pm
Meshugenah says...

The names scream Shakespeare to me *pokes Kay* Intentional, there? 12th Night, specifically... anyhoo, yeah! I can't wait to see what you've done, if you'll let us see any of it!

And congrats on finishing!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

324 Reviews

Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:26 am
-KayJuran- says...

Meshugenah wrote:The names scream Shakespeare to me *pokes Kay* Intentional, there? 12th Night, specifically... anyhoo, yeah! I can't wait to see what you've done, if you'll let us see any of it!

And congrats on finishing!

Thanks! :P

Um... Shakespeare? I haven't read Twelfth Night, but admittedly, I do remember looking up Shakespeare characters to find names... I was having a hard time thinking of any, and I really like Shakespeare's names, so... yeah, not intentional in terms of story, plot, meaning etc.

Hm, probably won't post first draft, but I'm going to try and start the second draft mid-July, so maybe I'll post parts of that. I was even thinking it could be turned into a novel if I'm still happy with it after the second (third?) draft. Funness!

Act in the valley so that you need not fear those who stand on the hill.
— Danish proverb