z

Young Writers Society

Book to Screen...?

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Tue May 01, 2007 1:56 am
Ego says...

I'd write the screenplay, or at least co-write it. That way, nothing is lost. I would also produce the movie. Along with Peter Jackson. And Jerry Bruckheimer.

But yes, I would love to see a movie made about my novels.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:26 pm
Penhaligon29 says...

I wouldd be honored. Although, I'd ask to be quite involved in the project, otherwise, no way! I've seen what can happen when good books are turned into horrible movies that make you want to claw your own eyes out (i.e. Eragon, terrible movie). Like I said, I'd want to be involoved all the way through the project, or else they wouldn't get the rights.
I lead the Curtain Club. Find out what this is by following this link:
topic20026.html

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:41 pm
Poor Imp says...

I would have to say, anyone who would take Vetren'iy and Tov are asking for it. It would end up rotten, like as not - few directors and screenwriters like to take depth or complexity to the screen.

...I suppose I might let someone make a film despite it. It would all depend on the circumstances. ^_^
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:46 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

I think I would faint. :P It would depend on the story, actually. I know that Geezer's Property will be virtually impossible to make into a movie good enough for me, the same with Bubble Picture and The House of Crescents Valiant. However, if it were, like, a longer version of "It's Raining" or a movie based off of "Your Coat of Arms is the Lion", I'd shoot for it, as long as I got some say in the matter.
(Example: Orlando Bloom and Dakota Fanning are NEVER and I repeat NEVER going to be in any of my stories)

So, yeah, it depends on the story. ^(that above was useless xD) I'd also co-write the screenplay. Keep a beady eye on everything going on and yell a bit at the actors. XD
ohmeohmy

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:18 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Baroness Ink wrote:I think I would faint. :P It would depend on the story, actually. I know that Geezer's Property will be virtually impossible to make into a movie good enough for me, the same with Bubble Picture and The House of Crescents Valiant. However, if it were, like, a longer version of "It's Raining" or a movie based off of "Your Coat of Arms is the Lion", I'd shoot for it, as long as I got some say in the matter.
(Example: Orlando Bloom and Dakota Fanning are NEVER and I repeat NEVER going to be in any of my stories)

So, yeah, it depends on the story. ^(that above was useless xD) I'd also co-write the screenplay. Keep a beady eye on everything going on and yell a bit at the actors. XD

I think it's clear to everybody you're gonna be loved on set! :P I think it depends on the circumstances. If, for instance, they wanted take a trilogy I'd written and turn it into two films, I'd have to say no, as I think that it would just feel incomplete. Also, I'd have to be involved in some way; perhaps not go so far as co-writing the screenplay, but at least looking over the final draft before shooting starts, in order to point out any imperfections with the characters/plot/etc. Also, a very specific contract would have to be drawn up, like what Rowling did, so that the studio would have to focus on what I tell them is important.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:39 pm
Ava says...

I'd be really honored that someone thought a book of mine was good enough to be made into a movie, but I would want some say in it. And it would depend on who was directing it.
"Don't worry, you're just as sane as I am..."

Forever is composed of nows.
— Emily Dickenson