z

Young Writers Society

Suzanne's Writerly Rambles [4 March 2008]

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:19 am
Emerson says...

I post my updates as I go, so this here is old stuff. To see the latest posts, go to the last page, or around there...

----

So, My projects?

My current novel is To Keep No Secrets which is actually working out nicely. It will be the first novel I have written AND edited. My NaNoWriMo, I gave up on that :-D

But before I wrote novels, I wrote a lot of short stories. There are two short stories I abandoned entirely but would one day really like to edit and work on. I had the habit of writing short stories based in the 1800's with really odd fantasy twists. (You can find one, badly in need of it being edited, here Please no comments on it!)

Just a month ago, I started dabbling myself into poetry. I've always thought that I was horrible at it, but started critiquing some and found that...some of the basic elements of poetry were easy. So, I tried, and I'm not half bad!

As for publishing? My only effort was a writing contest, which I did not win! Otherwise, publishing is far, far off. I'm just working on enhancing my skills, and getting the ones I don't have. Oh, also I'm working on not procrastinating! hee hee.

I guess we can...discuss my writing here? XD I wonder if I have any fan clubs...? Do I have any 'secret' groupies? :roll:
Last edited by Emerson on Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:47 pm, edited 11 times in total.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:24 am
Poor Imp says...

Most of YWS is rather fond of Mlle Clau. ^_~ Hasn't it been demonstrated? ^_^

I'll have to get to reading all of and critiquing To Keep No Secrets eventually. Sooner, I hope, than later...

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:33 am
Wiggy says...

Ah, 'twill be a joy to read your work, Clau!

Er, that is, when my papers are done! *coughs*

But regardless, I must say you ARE quite talented in poetry. From what I've read of yours, you're not "half-bad"-you're "all-good!" We all love our wittle Clau *pinches cheeks*

Keep us updated!
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:49 am
Swires says...

Define "groupie" - it can mean many things :)

Good luck!
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:24 pm
Dream Deep says...

Imp wrote:Most of YWS is rather fond of Mlle Clau. ^_~ Hasn't it been demonstrated? ^_^

I'll have to get to reading all of and critiquing To Keep No Secrets eventually. Sooner, I hope, than later...

That second paragraph, in particular... ;)

And do you not know, Till, that you have indeed got your own fan club/support group? ...With whom you can discuss all manner of you writings... including the Rammstein-esque poetry. ^_~

2058 Reviews

Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:15 pm
Emerson says...

UPDATE:

I think it's funny I only have 4 posts and am all the way at the bottom... so I'm updating this.

Poetry comes when it wants to, I have a mini note book to keep ideas but I don't think anything good has yet to come from it. Though, I've only used three pages.

I've sudenly taken up play writing, or at the least, will be going to. I have "The Playwright's Handbook" to be her next read (or after my next). I'm not sure why I'm doing this. I have no reason behind it, and I'm not sure it will really do anything for me. It's not like I've ever wanted to write plays, I like reading them, but I think they'd be no fun to right. And yet I'm pursuing it anyway? Oh well.

I've come to the realization that either A) I suck at writing novels or B) I have yet to stop sucking at writing novels. This doesn't mean I write bad, it just means I have the inability to properly write a novel. Or perhaps I should think things out through first.

I still really want to edit all my lovely short stories from last year. (Yes, all three of them. How wonderful. And I really only want to edit one, but still, it never happens!) I also want to find something other than the taboo that people can say I write. I should seriously consider editing my 19th century pieces. *hugs them* They were so rad, I'm just lazy and never edit...

So, yeah, that's it. That is what is going on. Nothing.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:52 am
Sam says...

The playwriting, as I've said, shall be very interesting- your dialogue is very good, and such a large amount of practice can only make it better. :wink:

You shall have to tell me how it goes...scriptwriting is something I'm still a wee bit scared to attempt.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

2058 Reviews

Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:03 am
Emerson says...

Oh, I'm scared of it too, just rather daring. I have no ideas though... and haven't read the book XD so I have no clue how to do it "good".

2058 Reviews

Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:22 pm
Emerson says...

I'm making publication considerations, upon DD's comments. I think it would be cool to get Black Water published, although I'm rather stupid when it comes to anything about publication...

But still, the idea of it is a neat one, isn't it?

Although there will always be that small part of me, that doesn't think I could get published ^_^ Not to mention it is hard to find good venues...

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:07 am
Writersdomain says...

I wish you luck! :D
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:08 pm
Merlin34 says...

Me too!
http://maxhelmberger.com/
Advice on writing, funny articles, and more.

2058 Reviews

Sun May 06, 2007 2:22 pm
Emerson says...

After a day or so, I quit looking into publishing poetry xD I suppose you could say I get distracted and discouraged? It stopped mattering after a while, I didn't care much.

I am writing though! I'm working on my novel for MaNoWriMo (My lovely invention...) and it is turning out lovely.

I cry at the thought that Secrets isn't being written... My lovely characters!!! It was so hard to work with...

But my new novel *so, horribly, titleless*, is going lovely, if not better. I'm hoping to have a second draft to show of June/July ish? Although that requires writing a first draft, editing, and the rewriting...gaaah

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Sun May 06, 2007 5:10 pm
Poor Imp says...

Oy, the dear theatrical piece (or what I've seen of it) just needs a bit of tuning up, really, or tuning in general on certain keys... ^_^' I will send my impressions of it.

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

2058 Reviews

Sun May 06, 2007 5:31 pm
Emerson says...

This impressions... are the scary ones? xD

I'm fearful of first drafts.

2058 Reviews

Thu May 17, 2007 10:32 pm
Emerson says...

Update:

Theater piece/novel might go slower than expected. I lost [almost] all enthusiasm.

And then I got a short story idea. Which I finally posted. Deep in Mud. Though, it has a high rating and so I don't suggest any one too young to read it, unless they think they'd stomach it. I loved it. I think it was so fun. I think short stories prove my skill.

I'm considering (after finishing the theater novel, if at all) going back to short stories and perfecting my problems before going big. Which only means Secrets becomes even more delayed, which would really upset me...but what can you do? I can always go back to it in a few years, more experience, more thought. Who knows? It might be better then.

So yeah, that is my update!

Inspiration usually comes during work, rather than before it.
— Madeleine L'Engle, Author