z

Young Writers Society

Within Inclinations of Impishness?

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:17 pm
Poor Imp says...

Any aspect of the impish puts a sort of whimsy to things - bitterly or flippantly - and little if anything I've written tends to find an end. But it ought to end. And the characters, for the most part, dislike the netherworld of half-present lack of point a story in limbo presents...

Well, with a game of alternating literary posts with DD, I ought to get something finished. ^_~

What then, is Imp working on...preciesly? Or not so precisely. (The precision comes in diction and less in thought; possibly.)

..::Vetren'iy::.. (drafting...) kri'sha - a sketch

This sits around, and steeps. It's still in sketches, but as to finish something one must write drafts rather than sketches, I've begun to draft the piece in chapters/inteludes by theme. Vetren'iy (in Russian 'inconsistency', 'flighty') is more on the novel scale - if short for that. Futuristic anarchy; nations collapsed and in their place something rather like the Italian city states dot the world - though even less in order than those.

..::Presque Vu::.. (revision and finish) draft - Presque Vu

Short story on time. What if what hasn't happened is what you see, like memory, and what already has comes, at best, as illusory dreams? Do you have identity without memory? 'Tis posted (partly) in Science-Fiction...and it got short-shrifted on time and left, unrevised - despite numerous helpful critiques.

Intent to be published on this. That's its current revision purpose.

..::Sans Soleil::.. (buried)

Very short story, begun a year ago. A small girl wakes only at night, recalls the dawn...always sleeps before sunrise. Why? Ah well - that's the story's intent to tell.

..::Zhaim::.. (on hold?)

Written on whim with one of those sudden strikes of sight (pardon the alliteration...), for the Fools' Duel. An exile on the sea, bitter and weary, Zhaim flees Sjever just as he longs to go back.

..::Sankt Gorod::.. (mostly in thought, yet)

City of saints, less and more and a world in which words are a gift, can be sold. It's...very vague, as yet. Its beginning came of a late night reading Dostoyevksy and Nabokov short stories.

--

I suppose that's an alcove in the corner now with Imp. ^_^
Last edited by Poor Imp on Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:36 am, edited 6 times in total.
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:22 pm
Dream Deep says...

... And who could say no to an impish alcove? ^_~

As for the game of alternating posts, it is technically my turn - I've got to get on that. *head/desk* It would be helpful, I imagine, if I typed faster.

Of course we need more of Vetren'iy - always; it's got Tov, hasn't it? ^_^ Though the idea behind Sankt Gorod is interesting. As it's being mostly thought up, I'm assuming you'll only have it ready to post when I'm finished with the Chair, and I'll have nothing left to barter with. ^_^

459 Reviews

Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:26 pm
Poor Imp says...

Dream Deep wrote:... And who could say no to an impish alcove? ^_~

As for the game of alternating posts, it is technically my turn - I've got to get on that. *head/desk* It would be helpful, I imagine, if I typed faster.

Of course we need more of Vetren'iy - always; it's got Tov, hasn't it? ^_^ Though the idea behind Sankt Gorod is interesting. As it's being mostly thought up, I'm assuming you'll only have it ready to post when I'm finished with the Chair, and I'll have nothing left to barter with. ^_^

Oy, yes...it has Tov. ^_^'' I'm glad he's amusing from a distance. ^_~

But honestly, by the time CofW&D and Vetren'iy are finished alternating, surely you'll have Tower of Souls or Cloudless to work on? ^_^
Last edited by Poor Imp on Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:28 pm
Dream Deep says...

Probably Cloudless - the Tower, for all its good points, needs a major makeover before I can post any of it. It was my first novel attempt - the most laughably hideous, too. ^_^

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:08 pm
View Likes
Shafter says...

I love Tov! Especially when he plays the Character Answer Game. I'm just glad he's not my character. ;)

Interesting titles... too bad Sans Soleil is buried. That's my favorite title.
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:37 pm
Jiggity says...

I tell you, I'm very very interested in Presque Vu; sounds intriguing. I wants to read it. NOW!!!
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:47 am
Wiggy says...

Ah, the impishly, er, imp, is back! Yay! *throws balloons*

Sounds awesome! You have more going on than I do right now, and I feel bogged down! *head/desk* Can't wait to read some!
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

459 Reviews

Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:16 am
Poor Imp says...

Shafter wrote:I love Tov! Especially when he plays the Character Answer Game. I'm just glad he's not my character. ;)

Interesting titles... too bad Sans Soleil is buried. That's my favorite title.

Well, I'll unearth it at some point...I hope. I'm certain enough. And, ah - I'll pass on the 'I love Tov' exclamation to him. ^_~ Who knows how he'll take it.

Wiggy wrote:Ah, the impishly, er, imp, is back! Yay! *throws balloons*

Sounds awesome! You have more going on than I do right now, and I feel bogged down! *head/desk* Can't wait to read some!

Thanks, Wiggy. ^_^ I have more than what's mentioned here...but I thought perhaps only what I was hoping to work on soon (or was already posted on YWS) would be apt to note.

Sinister Jigster wrote:I tell you, I'm very very interested in Presque Vu; sounds intriguing. I wants to read it. NOW!!!

Ha, Jig - well, if you ever read what's posted, I'd be more than glad to hear what you've got to say about it. ^_~ ...Despite your sinister aspirations to power and the possession of yellow.

IMP

-Lloyd Alexander

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:37 am
Crysi says...

So, basically, I want to read/buy anything you write. You have so many interesting stories!! If you ever stop writing, I'll shoot you. That, or I'll send Saphirus your way again - I'm sure he won't mind. ;)
Love and Light

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:43 am
Myth says...

Poor Imp wrote:..::Presque Vu::.. (revision and finsih)

Short story on time. What if what hasn't happened is what you see, like memory, and what already has comes, at best, as illusory dreams? Do you have identity without memory? 'Tis posted (partly) in Science-Fiction...and it got short-shrifted on time and left, unrevised - despite numerous helpful critiques.

I'm am so going to have to read that. What about Rovvy? I've been waiting to read more of that. Or have you abandoned it?
.: ₪ :.

'...'

459 Reviews

Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:01 pm
Poor Imp says...

Crysi wrote:So, basically, I want to read/buy anything you write. You have so many interesting stories!! If you ever stop writing, I'll shoot you. That, or I'll send Saphirus your way again - I'm sure he won't mind. ;)

...Oy, I'll have to keep writing to survive then. Saphirus seems persistent enough to follow me quite a ways. #_# ^_~

I'm am so going to have to read that. What about Rovvy? I've been waiting to read more of that. Or have you abandoned it?

Rovvy - you've reminded me. ^_^ He - and it as a story - are a bit on hold. But I've written scraps of it. One never can tell, I might even finish that before I finish what I've planned if it hits me. ^_^

IMP

-Lloyd Alexander

820 Reviews

Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:57 pm
Myth says...

I want to be the first to read Rovvy! Maybe one day I'll be in line to get an autographed copy :wink:

'...'

459 Reviews

Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:22 pm
Poor Imp says...

Yes, well - a somewhat partial update.

I still haven't finished rewrite/revision of Presque Vu. It takes time and I've gotten caught over and over again on Fletcher's backwards living, so to speak. Ah well.

But, naturally, in the interim, I've worked on Sankt Gorod which may or may not be posted here some time soon.

And I've gone through my drawer of paper and notebooks and found nearly twelve old things unfinished and irritably hibernating.

Whether reasonable or no (or at all in line with any hope), I've set on finished four things by the finish of Lent, to be sent off for publication.

(And Myth, if you want to be the first to read Rovvy, perhaps you'd look over the first draft when I've gone back and finished it?)

IMP

-Lloyd Alexander

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:19 pm
Wiggy says...

All right, that's it: I'm hunting your work down. :D
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

820 Reviews

Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:33 am
Myth says...

Imp, I'd love to :mrgreen:

'...'

I hope everyone's safe and sound and has some potatoes in the pantry.
— Arcticus