Young Writers Society

ellie's tragic little novel

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:33 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

Chapter Eleven:
Astrid opens her eyes. She is holding the journal and is back in her room in the present. It seems that she has reached the last journal entry. Astrid finds one more letter enclosed in the back of the journal. She opens is and begins to read.
”Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forwards (so you might as well do Duolingo ).”

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

210 Reviews

Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:33 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

Chapter Twelve:
Chapter twelve is a letter written by Bronwyn. It is her mom's suicide note to her daughter, that she wanted her to read once she was 18. The letter explains that Mr Clark is actually Astrid's dad. John does not know this. The letter is a goodbye note. The letter says that Astrid was named after Bronwyn's best and only friend, whom she misses so dearly. It explains that the rape traumatized her so much and is one of the reasons for her suicide. It explains how after the rape and after Astrid left, Bronwyn met John and very quickly married him to get out of her foster home. She told John it was his baby and denied most of the past. She states that she learned to forgive Astrid.
”Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forwards (so you might as well do Duolingo ).”

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

210 Reviews

Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:34 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

Possible chapters that may be included (graphic coming soon)

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

210 Reviews

View Likes
EllieMae says...

Chapter Thirteen:
Astrid finishes reading the letter. Her dad comes into her room. He is so happy to see her since she has been missing for weeks. He thought she ran away and he lost her, like her mother.

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

210 Reviews

View Likes
EllieMae says...

Chapter Fourteen:
Five years later, Astrid finds Mr Clark and meets up with him. The story ends here.

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

210 Reviews

Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:36 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

Character Profiles (graphic coming soon)

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

210 Reviews

Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:37 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

Character Table of Contents

Astrid:

Bronwyn:

John:

Mr. Clark:

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

210 Reviews

Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:37 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

Name: Astrid Elowen MacLeod
Role: Main Character

Astrid is the main character. The book is in her POV.

Appearance
Hair: Caramel Brown
https://images.app.goo.gl/pzTsMUEzTE5MRpdJ7

Eyes: A17 Blue
https://images.app.goo.gl/ET8DhuBefewgUrh97

Body: Slim build, 110lbs.

Characteristics: face full of freckles.
https://images.app.goo.gl/bgFxY9v97TQWUp4H7

Fears:

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:54 pm
View Likes
Rose says...

Oh my god, this story is so so beautiful! Really, Ellie Mae, this is just an amazing plot and it's so moving.. I really want to read this <33
Think like a proton; always positive ;)

210 Reviews

Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:00 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

Thank you, @Rose <3333 Seriously, your support means the world! Thanks for the encouragement, friend!!

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

210 Reviews

Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:39 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

Chapter eleven writing:

That is the last memory I have of Bronwyn. She is gone now, like frost on a field in the morning that’s gone by noon. I will never accept losing her. But I will accept that I will have to live with this loss for the rest of my life. Every day of my existence on this planet reminds me of Bronwyn and her eyes that were as dark as the Douglas fir bark on the tree outside of the childhood home she nursed me and bathed me in. I have not learned to let go, but I have learned to embrace that this is my reality, until I meet you in the stars again someday.

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

210 Reviews

Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:40 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

You may notice that some of the quotes here are very similar to poems I have posted- that is because I turn a lot of my novel writing into poems xD

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

A wizard is never late. Nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to.
— Gandalf